Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem where this guy from Guangdong China keeps hitting my webserver twice every second with nonsensical requests. He's on DHCP, so every couple of weeks his IP changes, and despite me blocking LOTS of traffic from asian countires via IPtables, he's still popping up from time to time, wasting my bandwidth. Despite many attempts to LART him, most go unanswered, and he keeps hitting me.

At any rate, I am now looking to get this guy by redirecting his requests to so called "subversive" sites. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
would be hard to do since the ip keeps changing. I would say set up something with the 404 routine, but you wouldn't want everyone being redirected. Hard to be selective when you can't isolate the source.

Or maybe you could use the frequency of the hits to get him. a script that would check for a hit from the same ip within one or two seconds of each other - then use that to redirect. hmmmmmm.....

[edit... i keep thinking of more stuff ;) ]
much like some message boards use 'flood control' you could set up flood control on your webserver.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually can isolate this guy, he keeps requesting the same thing, and gets a 404 currently. I can redirect based on the page he requests, which noone else does.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
ah, well there you go. just throw a redirect in there and he'll be off to wherever... only problem is that you'll still be getting traffic from him even as you redirect.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
only problem is that you'll still be getting traffic from him even as you redirect
Yes, but my evil plan is that he is redirected to sites that draw the ire of his government. From what I hear, I won't be getting traffic from him for long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
MetroWestBoston
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing