Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states I'm looking for a b5 manual shifter assembly with cables, let me know prices/shipping.

Thank you much!

·
Registered
26,826 Posts
The B5 manual uses linkages rods, not cables. Since your's is a custom setup, it will not work unless you sit in the trunk. I thought you had an automatic? For that, it's a cable, but you would need to make a much longer one for your car. I might still have an automatic shifter and cable, but if I do, it has a bad brake lock switch. What state are you in? You should be able to find them at a local junkyard. For a manual, the Audi B5 A4 and the Passat both used the same shifter setup. For an Auto, add the B5 S4 and the C5 A6.

This might help you find what you need:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eeeek! I didn't realize that, I imporperly assumed it was cable, any chance the EHV or EZG trans from the 1.8 are cable? And would they bolt up to the 30v v6?

·
Registered
26,826 Posts
None of the B5/B5.5 Passats or B5,B5 and C5 Audis had cable shifters. I expect you can rig up a lever based dual cable system to work, much like the ones in the link above. The transverse system in Golf/TT was cable based and you might be able to adapt one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts