Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Presidente Margarita recipe from Chili's but I am looking for some new recipes to try this weekend.

post 'em if you got 'em

Craigtheman :b5:

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Margaritas are my life!

You will need to use GOOD tequila for starters. Jose Cuervo is a big no no. So is using Sweet and Sour mixes.

Real 100% Agave tequila is more money, but it's a different drink altogether.

Cazadores is a reasonabley priced 100% Reposado. Shoudl be able to get it at Costco or BevMo for about $25.

Cabo Wabo Reposado is my first choice for Margaritas but plan on spending $35-40 per bottle.

A "real" Margarita is:
2 Shots of 100% agave tequila
1 Shot of Cointreu
1/2 shot of FRESH lime (squeeze it yourself, really makes a big difference)
ON the rocks, no blender, but you can shake it or stir it.

Other good margs:

Caboblogo
3 Shots of an Anejo Tequila
1/3 shot of Damiana liqueur
1/3 shot of fresh sqeezed lime
Shake well in ice filled martini shaker. Pour into a salt-rimmed martini glass.

Waborita
2 Shots of CaboWabo
1/2 shot of Citronge orange liqueur
1 shot of fresh sqeezed lime
Shake well in ice filled martini shaker. Pour into a salt-rimmed martini glass.
Put a couple of drops of Blue Curacao.

Paloma
2 Shots of 100% Agave Tequila on the rocks tall glass
Fill the rest of glass with Squirt soda
Top with fresh lime

Amaretto Margarita
2 Shots of 100% Agave TEquila
1 shot of Amaretto
Fresh lime again

Cantarita
1 1/2 Shots of 100% agave tequila
Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon and Lime (the fresher the better) Juices
Grapefruit soda
Ice

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks postman I think those will keep me busy on Saturday night.

Any more recipes I'll take 'em

craigtheman :b5:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Here is the famously secret recipe for the Mexican Martini from Trudy's in Austin. The policy at Trudy's is they will only serve you 2 of these no matter what you say, who you are, or how big you are...

Mexican Martini:

1 part Herrodora (sp?)Gold Tequila
1 part Cointreau
1 part Grand Marnirer (sp?)
3 parts Sweet and Sour

Mix, and serve over ice and voila you will be drunk fast...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks LoneStarPoke I like anything that is a secret recipe.

Gietl I'm sorry but I'm just not a beer fan

Craigtheman :b5:

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I'm gonna have to try some of these...here's one my wife & I like -

12 oz frozen limeade
6 oz tequila
3 oz Grand Marinier
a couple dashes of bitters (Angostura?)
add ice & blend toyour favorite consistency...
enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
If you want an easy daquari try this:

One frozen Bacardi Mixer
Pebble Ice
Vodka not Rum like suggested on mixer can

blend and serve and it is really good. Use pebble ice cause it blends up perfect like you would get in a restaurant and the vodka tastes better than the rum with the Bacardi mixers...

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Green_Hornet said:
I'm gonna have to try some of these...here's one my wife & I like -

12 oz frozen limeade
6 oz tequila
3 oz Grand Marinier
a couple dashes of bitters (Angostura?)
add ice & blend toyour favorite consistency...
enjoy!!
This could be good for Kool Aid....but let's swap the numbers a bit!

12 oz of Cabo Wabo Tequila
6 oz Grand Marnier
3 oz limeaid
Dash of bitters
add ice

NOW WE HAVE A DRINK!! 8)

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Postman, I :bow: to your margarita knowledge! I grew up in AZ and your post makes me homesick.You make the margs, and I'll bring chips and salsa. :)

I'm also fond of margaritas made with a darker anejo tequila, like Patron Anejo, with a dash of bitters.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
The post I've been waiting for. Here's my everyday margarita. Nice and tasty.

1 parts tequila
1 parts chambord
.5 parts triple sec/grand marnier
2.5 parts mix

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
jwil said:
Postman, I :bow: to your margarita knowledge! I grew up in AZ and your post makes me homesick.You make the margs, and I'll bring chips and salsa. :)

I'm also fond of margaritas made with a darker anejo tequila, like Patron Anejo, with a dash of bitters.
Thanks man, I'm in for the drinks and salsa! I have a fully stocked tequila bar. These East Coast types are butchering these things :wink: . Margs are for highlighting the tequila, not destroying it.

In fact, I'm drinking my latest right now. Tequila Epsolon Blanco, Cointreu and Key Lime (like the pie). Didn't think it would work since I push fresh limes so much, but it rocks.

Since you like the Anejos try Don Julio Anejo or Cabo Wabo Anejo. It's a little cheaper then Patron Anejo, but I prefer these personally. Problem is you end up using too much in Margaritas since it's incredibly smooth, not a problem really, just gets pricey if you drink a lot!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Postman said:
jwil said:

Thanks man, I'm in for the drinks and salsa! I have a fully stocked tequila bar. These East Coast types are butchering these things :wink: . Margs are for highlighting the tequila, not destroying it.

In fact, I'm drinking my latest right now. Tequila Epsolon Blanco, Cointreu and Key Lime (like the pie). Didn't think it would work since I push fresh limes so much, but it rocks.

Since you like the Anejos try Don Julio Anejo or Cabo Wabo Anejo. It's a little cheaper then Patron Anejo, but I prefer these personally. Problem is you end up using too much in Margaritas since it's incredibly smooth, not a problem really, just gets pricey if you drink a lot!
Why do you guys waste a good tequila? Reposado and Anejo's are great for sipping / drinking neat. Then the whites for shots and GOLD for mixing with margarita kind of drinks.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
I like using good tequila becuase I hate drinking piss. It doesn't matter if it's neat or in a margarita, good is still good and bad tequila still tastes like crap.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
jwil said:
I like using good tequila becuase I hate drinking piss. It doesn't matter if it's neat or in a margarita, good is still good and bad tequila still tastes like crap.
Sorry but I haven't tried drinking piss let alone taste crap. :shock: Must be awful. :puke:

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
hahahahahahaahahahaha.

Just drink Cuervo Gold, that's piss. It says so in the fine print, check it out sometime. "Ingredients: urine (unspecified origin), Everclear, yellow dye #51"

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I completely agree with Postman, above.

100% Agave Tequila + Fresh Lime Juice + Clear Ice. Done.

Try Herradura Reposado... pricey, but smooth. :thumbup:

Switch to cuervo silver after 4 or 5 drinks... you can't taste anything by then, anyway. :weirdo:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts