Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me? and please do not say fiber images because they will not return my calls. they just tell me to go to one of there dealers. the dealers want about 150 more pluse i have to wait. so if there are any other places i should go please let me know.
thanks
casady

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Sorry I don't know where, but FYI It's carbon fiber.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think AWE wants 800.00 +shipping,and fiberimages wanted 675.00 on a fiberglass frame,and they want 125.00 for a carbonfiber frame. ....ya i know that you have to pay for good work. this is why i still do not have a hood. it is hard to find a good hood at a good price.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for the help .normaly i would not worrie about but my hood has a few dents and some real bad scratches from my dog,and if it is a lots to get the hood fixed i just want to have options.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know that they have super high prices and all of the body kits are fiberglass . i have only ever bought from them once,and it was kamie eyebrows

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I can't speak for any new companies that are making CF hoods for Passats, but do yourself a favor and just suck it up and buy the hood from FiberImages I can't even begin to tell you how impecible their hoods are.

Stay away from GTP/ImportFan unless you want to refinish the hood yourself once you get it. The GTP hood was the first one I had and it sucked big time...fitment..finish.. all of the above.

The FI hood was a dream come true.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
That's cause your hood is a GTP/ImportFan hood...IIRCC. MY GTP hood floated as well and I needed pins. With my FiberImages hood it fit perfect and never floated at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
schmove
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing