Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to show off my new baby. Its a 2001 with 80,000 miles and I got it for less than $14,000

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep - they get close to $30K loaded brand new. Which is a little above my budget for a small truck. It should easily make it to 250K miles with routine maintenance

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
I was expecting Taco Bell or Del Taco or something... oh wait.. this is Anything Auto, not Off-Topic... :p

Nice truck! :thumbup: My uncle traded his in with 220K miles for a Tundra and it was still going strong.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I was thinking of a classic Bultaco....

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
passaturbonium said:
Nice...Ok I see where the price comes from...

Yea thats what they say....250k+

However the way things been with my wifes Previa....Im not sure if thats true...I hope so.

She only has 110k on a 92....but leaks more oil then I spill when I change the oil in the Passat..... :(
I wouldn't judge Toyota's reliability by a 92' Previa, any more then I would judge VW's reliability by a 92' Passat.

-Nick

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do live in a great neighborhood. Of coure its Iowa, and its a college town.

Not really sure what you mean by clean though.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
how do you like it, is it good on gas?? :thumbup:

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
TAckhouse1 said:
passaturbonium said:
Nice...Ok I see where the price comes from...

Yea thats what they say....250k+

However the way things been with my wifes Previa....Im not sure if thats true...I hope so.

She only has 110k on a 92....but leaks more oil then I spill when I change the oil in the Passat..... :(
I wouldn't judge Toyota's reliability by a 92' Previa, any more then I would judge VW's reliability by a 92' Passat.

-Nick
Well to be honest I have a friend with a 92 Passat and its been more reliable then any other car hes had.....including many Hondas and Toyotas...but Im sure thats just luck....just like with any car.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am getting about 16-17 MPG with mixed driving. Still only get about 250 miles before I have to put $25 into it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
12 Participants
munch0810
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing