Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,021 Posts
If you car locked itself then there must be a malfuntion with one of the door switches and the car thinks that the door was never opened.

The alarm has the lock back feature if the door is not opened thirty second after the button is pushed then the car will relock itself.

So if you pressed the unlock button opened the door and the car still locked itself that means that the switch that tells the alarm to disable the lock back feature (because the door was open) is no longer functioning.

I used to be paranoid about the car locking up automatically so I would always roll the window down if I left the engine running.

The paranoia left me untill the other day when me Other car (which is not a passat but is german) locked itself up with the engine running and all the window were up to I am once again paranoid.

· Registered
1,021 Posts
Shiny black I know that is your problem

Here is a good example my girl friend has a 2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara.

Here keyless entry only works sometimes I traced the problem to the drivers door switch.

When she opens the drivers door the dome light does not come on. IF the key is in the ignition if does not beep.

If you open the other doors the dome light comes on.

When I giggle the door switch the dome light will come on and the door chime will beep. Then when I close the doore the keyless entry will work.

If I open her car from the passenger side the keyless entry will work for a while.

But you already said that your dome light does not come on when you open your driver door so that is what your problem is..

The switch is dead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.