Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks that superleggeras bolts has a bit specific and I haven't found matching lockbolts. Suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I hate to bring up an old thread, but what is specific about the bolts needed for the OZ Superleggeras? I just picked up a set second hand and would like to install them soon. Clay gave me the part numbers on Tirerack but also said they don't have them in stock right now.
The regular lugs are $4 each (part # R36U) and the locks are $28 for the set of 4 (part # 41536KB).
Where else can I pick these up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
For future reference:

R36U = 14mmx1.5, R12 ball seat, 36mm length

The folks at pure-motorsport.com were very helpful and were able to ship the correct bolts out same day I ordered them.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
nbviper said:
For future reference:

R36U = 14mmx1.5, R12 ball seat, 36mm length

The folks at pure-motorsport.com were very helpful and were able to ship the correct bolts out same day I ordered them.
36???? That's WAY long. I was worried about my 30mm bolts being too long. OEM length is 27mm.

·
Registered
194 Posts
quality_sound said:
36???? That's WAY long. I was worried about my 30mm bolts being too long. OEM length is 27mm.
Both [email protected] and Michael at pure-ms have told me R36U (36mm) so I can only assume they know what they are talking about. Plus, the OZ wheels look to have a noticable thicker center, so I think they will be ok. I'll let you guys know when I get them on.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
the length of the bolt matters not, it is how much sticks out of the wheel after you pass it through. You need just under 20mm poking through. Too much and it locks your hub, too little and your wheel falls off.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
post some pics of your car with OZ SL...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts