Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete OEM B5 single din wood kit, minus the cupholder cover, and with the purchase of my 18" RHs I now have a set of OEM wheels for sale as well. All are in great shape and have at least 1/2 tread left. Prefer local sale for the wheels. Tires are Kumhos. I'll check the size when I pick my car up Thursday or Saturday.

OEM wood kit - screw it, best offer takes it! :crazy: SOLD!!
Wheels and tires - make offer would make some excellent winter wheels

Thanks!

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ummmm.......yeeeeaaaahhhhh........ If you go to the Pleasanton meet you can see it up close with all (well maybe not all, but most) of the other stuff I'm doing. :poke:

·
Registered
602 Posts
quality_sound said:
WOW! 73 views and not a single response! Someone has to want these!
I was one of the 73 views and I looked at the wood trim. Once I saw your price I went on to anther thread. 200 plus shipping is high. Compare that to the the after market wood trims kits and it is out of line.
Good luck selling.

Rob

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$200 isn't all that high considering its OEM quality and OEM is over $1000 new. Also the OEM kit uses real wood in it and the aftermarket kits use PLASTIC that looks like wood. If you think $200 is too high make me an offer but remember that the quality of the OEM stuff is WAY above the aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
602 Posts
quality_sound said:
$200 isn't all that high considering its OEM quality and OEM is over $1000 new. Also the OEM kit uses real wood in it and the aftermarket kits use PLASTIC that looks like wood. If you think $200 is too high make me an offer but remember that the quality of the OEM stuff is WAY above the aftermarket stuff.
Not all aftermarket kits are plastic and the quality of some aftermarket kits meets or exceeds the OEM. Take a look at this site:

http://www.woodtrim.com/catalog_productlist.cfm

For 200+ I can get a full 28 pcs kit not just the 16pcs you are offering.

Again good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
yeah... but the stick on kind looks cheap and ghetto... it sticks up over the contours of the lines of the car, it's not going to be flush at all, especially the radio and HVAC center console... do you reallly need it all over your vents, covering those lights too? and the shiny-ness of that stick on stuff is excellent. Enough to qualify it as BLING.

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't found a CB5'r yet who has purchased the Joshua Tree kit and has liked it. If you can live with poor quality and fit in your car fine, but I don't need you trashing my post in the process. If you think my price is too high, ask me if the price is negotiable or buy something else. I've already lowered the price a few times, but I'm not going to give it away just because you can get a sub par kit for a lot less. With your logic I should have bought a Hyundai because it's cheaper and it's still a car. :crazy:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Let's first start by calming down

quality sound -Checkthis post:

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70785&highlight=joshua

Right after your last post dated 2-02-04 There is a response from brownsfan who is happy with The JT kit. I think there might be one or two more. There are other aftermarket kits that I have read about and heard good things too (AAA Exotics for one). And there is also HKB5variant plastic kit that is being sold that is a great price that people are very happy with.

but I don't need you trashing my post in the process
I was not trashing your thread. Only responding to your statement about "73 views
and not a single inquiry".

With your logic I should have bought a Hyundai because it's cheaper and it's still a car.

Paul
I just got my first :crazy: icon.

I'm sorry you feel so down about the aftermarket kits to compare them to a hyundai. I think there might be a slight difference in your comparison so I think my logic is fine.

Free bump and good luck selling your kit(sincerely).

·
Registered
464 Posts
since that only will fit a 98 or 99, my guess is if someone wanted wood, they have it by now. I looked, but it doesn't work with 2000+.

The color is cool, But you should paint the lowers!!! It would really look sweet then. Looks like that orange on the murano and 350Z the old black rubber shows it's well, old.

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The lowers were supposed to have been done twice now, bu the timing has been off. Believe me, they will get done. The color is actually Amber Fire Metallic Pearl from the PT Turbo. I like the 350Z copper because it's a bit lighter and look a little better at night but the Amber Fire kills it during the day.

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As soon as I get that AND THE ROCK CHIPS IN MY DOOR FROM A SOME DUMBASS LANDSCAPERS MOWING WITH WEED EATERS fixed I'll have lots o pics up. I put my NB sunglass holder, jack pads and Jetta 4 Blue tinted and heated mirrors on yesterday. As soon as I get a new key for my wheel locks I'll have the wheels on as well. When my Eibach front sway bar shows up I'm going to put the whol Pro-System, sway bar and my P&P rear sway bar on all at once too. :D

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Hey Paul, I'm with you on the oem vs. stick-on wood kits. Stick-ons just look like seat covers for your vents and guages. I'd snatch 'em up from you if I had any money to spend right now, but my B5 isn't a real high priority at the moment. :(

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
MtnVariant said:
quality_sound said:
WOW! 73 views and not a single response! Someone has to want these!
I was one of the 73 views and I looked at the wood trim. Once I saw your price I went on to anther thread. 200 plus shipping is high. Compare that to the the after market wood trims kits and it is out of line.
Good luck selling.

Rob
PM sent for the wood kit!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
how much for the wheels?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
9 Participants
quality_sound
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing