Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
LOL. My neighbor has a 1.8T B5.5, and his wife has a 1.8T Jetta. He said that hers has more HP, that VW actually "chipped" the jettas to be quicker than the "family car" Passat. He is pissed and wants to chip soon.

When I went in for service, I got a 2004 Passat GLS w/ cold weather. Not too different than my 2004 GLX, which was nice of them.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
It's nice that some people get loaner cars from VW. All I get is "we don't have a loaner car program". My answer is "thanks, at least I know where not to buy my next car from".

I did get a loaner once when I was still waiting for my new car to be delivered. They gave me a Jetta 2.0 grannytronic. That thing sure does not move fast at all and the interior looks very Puebla-built. But I would take it as a loaner anytime rather than have my friends pick me up at the dealer. :mad:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
The Jetta 1.8T engine is not arranged the same way as the Passats thus there is a 10hp increase from 170 to 180 (or with older Passats 150 to 180).

That thing sure does not move fast at all and the interior looks very Puebla-built.
I agree that it does not move fast - it is a bit quicker off the line than the Passat but after 2K RPMs it's no match. However, I disagree with the cheap interior comment. Our Jetta actually has a rock solid interior - no rattles, no shakes, no clicking that occurs in our Passat.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My 98 is getting a new engine under the powertrain warranty (timing belt broke) and they won't give me a loaner, and i'm into week 2 of being a 1 car family.

"we don't give loaners for powertrain warranty work" :poke:

grrrr

·
Registered
342 Posts
waGner said:
It's nice that some people get loaner cars from VW. All I get is "we don't have a loaner car program". My answer is "thanks, at least I know where not to buy my next car from".

I did get a loaner once when I was still waiting for my new car to be delivered. They gave me a Jetta 2.0 grannytronic. That thing sure does not move fast at all and the interior looks very Puebla-built. But I would take it as a loaner anytime rather than have my friends pick me up at the dealer. :mad:
I get the same.... 'No loaner car program' ....but we can rent you a car at a discounted rate! :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
2000PASSAT20V
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing