Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Livid at Boise VW dealer. Have had a seep/leak (enough to put two three drops on the ground each and every stop) from the oil filter side of the AEB1.8T for years, complained every oil change, with no result. Finally took it in to an independant, immediately ID'd it to the oil filter/oil cooler area. Now that I have proof, dealer says "ah yes, there is a leak", and it is from the breather valve. AND it will cost ME 350 bones of MY money to fix, because it is not under "warranty". :???: They have got to be kidding. 10year/100K warranty on my 99, 48K on the engine, 6 years to go and they say the breather, which is internally lubricated and seals the internal engine components, is not part of warranty. I am raising issue to VoA in the AM, any ideas from the crowd to show them the error of their way? I have just about had it, I'm pushing over 2k in repairs over the last 6 months, all non-warranty, with 6 months to payoff car, I'm ready to dump the thing. :( Help!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Do you have invoices/receipts/work orders from the dealer, stating in writing "no leak found" or whatever they documented each time you picked up the car? If so, shouldn't they "admit" that they did not do an adquate diagnosis and the warranty period should be retroactive?

I would fax the VW work order copies to VWoA, along with the independent's analysis. If they still don't agree to pay, I would take it to small claims court.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other repairs, apper to be standard items: MAF at 45k, dealer wanted 900 bones, local independant, my personal hero, fixed for 400. Engine control module (spark module) at 40.5K, 750 bones, Brake job for 600 bones at 41k miles, mind you, 1000 miles before was the 40K check (Christ, 1800 bones for that check alone...) with an assurance the brakes had well over 10 percent wear left, dealer in Phx at the 40.5k failure says they are well beyond 20 percent overworn, ie somehow in 1000 miles I wore the brakes 35 percent... YGBSM. Oh, old stuff, the cruise has been intermitant the day after the 24 month warranty expired, they want 600 for that, two window regulators at 750, 5 months of payments and this Natzi ride is going for a walk... Bottom line, I don't mind the issues, machines break, it's the DEALER attitudes and having to fight for your rights every step. Reading this VOA????????????????

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have all reciepts, and the service rep, mister "I never heard of a topsider oil changer" accuses me of not changing the oil. Duh, other dealers have worked on it. Even better, he directly blames the previous mechanic for breaking the lower engine cover, piece of crap that it is, but when i point out to him it was HIS dealer, he denies any liability. Peterson Autoplex in BOISE are you reading this???? Oh, even better, I point out that this issue of nonresponsive and confrontational approach to car repair is what led me to offload my 2002 M3.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
VWOA will do little to help you...mostly they call the dealer and ask them to fix the problem....sometimes the dealer responds sometimes they don't...mostly VWOA tells you what you want to hear.....I got tired of it myself...its why I'm currently suing them and a dealer

·
Registered
124 Posts
pvtidhob5 said:
1000 miles before was the 40K check (Christ, 1800 bones for that check alone...)
$1800 for 40k service??? :shock: :shock: No wonder they tried to stick you for $900 to replace the MAF.

Check with VWoA about the MAF repair...your car may be covered with the recent warranty extension (refund for part and labor)

·
Registered
333 Posts
My dealer charged me about $500 for a new MAF at 46k. Now, with the new recall, I can get the reimbursement from the VW. They extended the MAF to 70000 miles instead of 48k.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
$1800 for 40k service??? No wonder they tried to stick you for $900 to replace the MAF.

Check with VWoA about the MAF repair...your car may be covered with the recent warranty extension (refund for part and labor)
HUH? Why, how cheap is that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts