Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the deal, my sister has a debate coming up, she goes to a christian college, and the professor in this class is a dick. Her job is to debate(with a class full of southern baptists grading her) why the war in iraq is wrong. So I figured someone(s) on this board could help. I have my own opinions, but what I need is a solid argument that will allow her to be convincing to a room full of people who probably support the war. TIA

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
you need arguements based on religion or just arguements in general? If you need religion based arguements would it be on the side of islam or christianity?

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
cuz i'm paying to "liberate" a country that has trillions of dollars sitting under ground. cuz my countrymen and women are dying. oh, this is gonna be a loooong thread.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
1) Spending billions of dollars in another country while unemployment is still a problem. Millions of people still live in poverty. No health care for everyone in the U.S.. Police Officers and States across the U.S. don't the Pay/Funding they need. Education needs more funding. - There are plenty of arguements where the U.S. SHOULD spend the money but here are some reasons why they SHOULD NOT.

2) Attacking an Arab Country ain't a good idea because of retaliation issues.

3) North Korea was a bigger risk than Iraq because they have a huge army, possible Nuclear weapons, and HAVE bio/chem/radiological weapons.

4) The relationship with the U.N. is important and the United States went w/o their permission.

These are just a list of reasons why not and there are a ton of reasons why we should have so she better be ready for them. Hope this helps.

-vinny

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
like, like, ok, we're like the biggest country, ok, and we should be like setting an example, like, to all the other little countries, or it's all like... whatever.

oh, and lots of people will die, and like, that's not cool, like, for us or them, ok? :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Mr.PassatMan said:
Ok, here is the deal, my sister has a debate coming up, she goes to a christian college, and the professor in this class is a dick. Her job is to debate(with a class full of southern baptists grading her) why the war in iraq is wrong. So I figured someone(s) on this board could help. I have my own opinions, but what I need is a solid argument that will allow her to be convincing to a room full of people who probably support the war. TIA
Southern Baptists? Hmmm.. try convincing them the war on Iraq is a UN plot to takeover the middle east in time for the Second Coming. Thus compromising their positions as allied with the Anti-Christ and at risk of being LEFT BEHIND.

yeah that should do it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies, anyone got any good rebuttals for the reasons we should have/did go to war?

psm-thats great :lol: , sad part is that some of them would probably actually worry about it.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
1) put up a poster of the burnt strung-up bodies (from today's new story in iraq)

2) stand in silence for 1 minute.

3) take poster down.

4) return to seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts