Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All-

Scott has gave us a limited group buy for window controllers. See his actual post below.

scottm said:
GROUP BUY IS HAPPENING !!

We've put together a special group buy for Club B5, so
you can get either Alientech or select AutoWindow models at
a discount by following the link below set up for the purpose.

http://members.shaw.ca/autowindow/b5offer.html

Quantities are limited. Please read the terms on the page.
The link goes away when quantities are sold out.

Cheers!
Scott
AutoWindow.com

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Stranded In Daytona said:
ALIENTECH! autowindow has security issues i've heard. Im in for Alientech! :thumbup:
that happens because of the autovent mode, In order to vent you have to unlock the doors , Allientech does not have that issue simply cause it does not autovent ,, but you can get the autowindow classic and basic without the window vent function . or disable if you wish to

Autowindow has a product for Remote starter and turbo timer owners too.

Autowindow has a one touch up function that Allientech does not . Im my opinion Autowindow is a much more improved product.

I'm not an Autowindow sales person , I just did some research in order to choose between Autowindow and Allientech.

Fabio

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I would be in for 2 alientech controllers in a GB (one for me and one for the fiancee)

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
1.8Tabamoura said:
Stranded In Daytona said:
ALIENTECH! autowindow has security issues i've heard. Im in for Alientech! :thumbup:
that happens because of the autovent mode, In order to vent you have to unlock the doors , Allientech does not have that issue simply cause it does not autovent ,, but you can get the autowindow classic and basic without the window vent function . or disable if you wish to

Autowindow has a product for Remote starter and turbo timer owners too.

Autowindow has a one touch up function that Allientech does not . Im my opinion Autowindow is a much more improved product.

I'm not an Autowindow sales person , I just did some research in order to choose between Autowindow and Allientech.

Fabio
Autowindow ripped off alientech's design. I'd be curious to see what other compromises in security / safety are present in their turbotimer.

BTW, the autovent, it will open if it is warm inside but its raining outside . . . . guess what happens then? It doesn't close until the temp lowers . . . .

Dave

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
BTW, the autovent, it will open if it is warm inside but its raining outside . . . . guess what happens then? It doesn't close until the temp lowers . . .
You can disable the autovent feature ,

Autowindow ripped off alientech's design. I'd be curious to see what other compromises in security / safety are present in their turbotimer.
This is how everybody does , copy and improve , as long as copyright laws are not violated , or you think everything in US was developed from scratch.....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Actually the alientech concept is pretty simple if you think about it. It sits and waits for certain pulses to come down the unlock/lock signal line in the door. When it gets the correct sequence, it sends the right pulses down the correct lines to do things such as roll down windows, roll up windows and the like. You could do it with a PIC microcontroller in about a days worth of work and it would cost you about $4 to build and design if you had the basic required hardware already.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
This is how everybody does , copy and improve , as long as copyright laws are not violated , or you think everything in US was developed from scratch.....[/quote]

Tell that to mikes . . . .

Anyways i was reading further, the remote start feature is only if you already have a remote starter in place. . . .

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mikes responded to my PM regarding a groupbuy:

mikes said:
Practically, there is no such thing a a "group discount." Word gets around and then it's simply a sale. We do sales occasionally during otherwise slow periods. Summer is our busy time, so there aren't any sales coming up in the near future. When we do a sale, it's announced on the web site any usually lasts a couple of weeks.
So, no groupbuy for Alientech. I'm still in talks with Scott (AutoWindow).

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Gurft said:
Actually the alientech concept is pretty simple if you think about it. It sits and waits for certain pulses to come down the unlock/lock signal line in the door. When it gets the correct sequence, it sends the right pulses down the correct lines to do things such as roll down windows, roll up windows and the like. You could do it with a PIC microcontroller in about a days worth of work and it would cost you about $4 to build and design if you had the basic required hardware already.
Have you done this already?

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
crew217 said:
This is how everybody does , copy and improve , as long as copyright laws are not violated , or you think everything in US was developed from scratch.....
Tell that to mikes . . . .

Anyways i was reading further, the remote start feature is only if you already have a remote starter in place. . . .[/quote]

You didn't the autowindow would start your car did you? it just adds the support for it so it disables the alarm to start the car or retards the activation if you have a turbo timer ....

Allientech does not have this feature, does it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
i'm in depending on price.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.