Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and her 98 A4 Avant is now one of my daily driver cars. however, that ain't happenin' for now...

turns out that in her one of her last minute mad rushes, she must have hit a fence and a crub (for you newbs, that's an inside joke). she scraped up one of the Swings I put on the car, as well as caused a bulge in one of the tires. since its a Quatro, I'd bet I have to replace all four tires now. dammit. :icon_eek:

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,711 Posts
:rofl:, sorry jay its comical at this point

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
i wouldn't worry about the quatro. just replace the one if it can be within 3 thousandths, or the two of them on that end of the car.

·
WF16 Champion and Argumentative Wanker
9,018 Posts
yeah, school....that's too bad. it's kinda nice up here, about to go to breakfast and maybe some class. :lol:

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,880 Posts
I'm guessing this is her way of hinting for you to buy her an RS4 wagon.:lol:

Oh yeah and did I mention? :pics:

·
Registered
675 Posts
My mom decided to re-park the passat the other day. I spent my morning cleaning up the glass and whatever else is left of the garage door. I haven't seen the damage to car yet, dad drove it to work.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
...and her 98 A4 Avant is now one of my daily driver cars. however, that ain't happenin' for now...
Probably want to rephrase that. I thought it was YOURS to begin with?

:lol:

turns out that in her one of her last minute mad rushes, she must have hit a fence and a crub (for you newbs, that's an inside joke). she scraped up one of the Swings I put on the car, as well as caused a bulge in one of the tires. since its a Quatro, I'd bet I have to replace all four tires now. dammit. :icon_eek:
You believe it was "last minute" ehh? What was the last time you took a good look at YOUR car?

:p

:lol:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
I only have eyes for Princess Alisa
2,630 Posts

Jay its time to get your daughter a new car some cheep Kia or Hundai :lol: maybe she will appreciate driving a A4 more ;)

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
Jay its time to get your daughter a new car some cheep Kia or Hundai :lol: maybe she will appreciate driving a A4 more ;)
amen! keep the good cars for yourself. :lol:

it's ok now though, the asian cars are now making 5 stars. so it's safe shit now. :poke:

·
27,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually, my wife and I have been talking about getting the kid a decent beater for a couple of months now. there's no friggin' way the kid is taking the Audi to school - it would never come home, since she'd never take care of it.

·
27,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tell me she's not at Keene State, John. ;)

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,711 Posts
nope, but she should be at demolition school, cause its the only place she would get an A ;)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
If it were me, I think I'd buy her an old 4-cylinder RAV4 or CRV. Reliable, inexpensive to own/operate/insure, easy to work on, good for hauling crap to and from college, good beater vehicle overall.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
4 years in a college town is like 15 years in a normal, well-maintained life.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts