1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI YA ALL
SEEN A LOT OF QUESTIONS AND THREADS ABOUT THIS BUT CANT FIND THE ANSWER
I HAVE A PASSAT B5.5 02 REG 1.9 TDI ESTATE
I HAVE CHECKED THE UNIT UNDER THE PASSANGER CARPET AND ALL IS DRY AND UNIT IS UNMARKED...
THE CABLES HAVE AT SOME TIME BEEN REPAIRED BUT NOT KNOWING WHAT CABLES DO WHAT I DONT NO WHAT ONES TO REPAIR.
CAN ANYBODY SUPPLY COLOURS OF CABLES THAT DO THE LOCK LIGHTS OR ALL WOULD BE BETTER
MANY THANKS
DAN:banghead:

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING????

The CCM can be programmed to blink or not blink the corner lights when locking and unlocking the car. It's possible the CCM is simply set to not blink the lights.

Does the alarm horn beep/chirp when locking the car? Does the light on the door blink when the car is locked by the remote? If not, then there's likely something not sending the proper closed/locked signal back to the CCM. Could be a failure in the door latch mechanism, something with the boot or bonnet latch switches, or the factory radio not being fully seated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for SHOUTING..mrs was using pc before me
everything locks as it should even from door switch..i don't get any chirps atall although I did once when programing the remote on the key when I changed the battery
I have replace the drivers and back rear door mechanisms as they were faulty but it didn't chirp before
my son has just bought the same car as mine so will try his ccm in mine and vice versa
Can I programme the lights to flash?
dan

·
Registered
782 Posts
Absolutely.
This coding (from an '02 wagon, USA, w/ power windows) nets you:
Selective unlock
Automatic re-lock
NO drive-away locking
Flash & beep on lock & unlock
Assuming that you have a VAG-Com cable (from Ross-Tech), that software will give you some help (in the form of a pop-up tooltip) to tell you which digit does what.

(edit)
That's the base coding (here, describes a 4-door with power windows.)
But, alarm & lock settings can definitely be changed with VAG-Com. Just go into Adaptation, choose a setting from the drop-down menu, and change settings as desired.
(I had a dumb when I posted that. But, plugging into my car tonight fixed my dumb. :) )
(/edit)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers for the info
noted that you said about the radio not being seated correctly and heard this in a few posts..there are no radio seating connections that I can see..could you advise please
dan

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
The factory radio has a switch in one of the latches. You can simply unplug the radio completely to rule it out.

I highly suggest that you buy or borrow VCDS/Vag-Com. You'll be able to see the state of each switch as it's being reported to the CCM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a similar issue with a bad lock actuator/ solenoid. One of my rear doors wouldn't actually lock ( bad connection) so there was not a chirp confirmation to alert me. I found out one day when it had gone on for a while and I thought my 130k car was just getting old. I opened the rear door and the alarm went off. When I'd lock the car, I'd see the red light on the door glow steady but figured it just stopped chirping. Reality was the system is smart enough to not chirp if there is a problem. Easiest thing to rule out by locking up the car, and then see if all your doors and trunk are locked. If they aren't, you will find that out pretty quick. Same thing with stuff like auto windows up / down when the seat belt was not engaged, along with hill assist. Most things on VW's are safety related, so you cannot engage some features till your buckled up like mom and dad always used to say.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi ya
thanks for the info
I have now checked all doors..boot..bonnet and that the radio is fitted ok..
I can lock ..dead lock..fine
the led on my drivers door flashes when locked..all doors and boot stop the alarm from going off..
all doors and boot get a tone when engine is running and I open them(also displays on the dash)
when alarm goes off I get no lights flashing also the boot wont unlock from the drivers door but the fuel flap does
dan

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re soundguybob's response re the radio (and my lack of chirp), I looked at the radio and sure enough, it was jutting out about 1/2 inch. I pushed it back in and the chirp is back. I wouldn't have believed it but it was. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts