Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm tryin to figure out what the best lights for are my b5.5, these are the lights that come to mind that are my choices, and my comments and questions on them: Could you guys help me out? Or any lighting options that i don't know about?

1. Eurospec Bi-Xenon lighting - best option for lighting? plug and play $$$$
2. US spec Bi-Xenon lighting - not plug and play, is beam pattern Europe or US? $$$$$
3. HID conversion kit - better than halogen, but wil it blind traffic w/ my headlight assembly? $$$
4. Angeleyes - Do they perform any better than stock halogen lights, or is it the same just w/ the angel eyes added? $$$
5. Stock halogen lighting, Osram, PIAA or whatever halogen bulb you think is best. $

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Ok, I'm tryin to figure out what the best lights for are my b5.5, these are the lights that come to mind that are my choices, and my comments and questions on them: Could you guys help me out? Or any lighting options that i don't know about?

1. Eurospec Bi-Xenon lighting - best option for lighting? plug and play $$$$
2. US spec Bi-Xenon lighting - not plug and play, is beam pattern Europe or US? $$$$$
3. HID conversion kit - better than halogen, but wil it blind traffic w/ my headlight assembly? $$$
4. Angeleyes - Do they perform any better than stock halogen lights, or is it the same just w/ the angel eyes added? $$$
5. Stock halogen lighting, Osram, PIAA or whatever halogen bulb you think is best. $

I would say the best choice would be Eurospec Bi-Xenons. However, a quality HID kit, like McCulloch is a close 2nd. Since you have a B5.5, you already have projector headlights so the HID kit is plug and play and your stock headlights will work perfect. So blinding traffic isn't going to happen unless your headlights are aimed incredibly for some reason.

These are 2 best options in my opinion. I went with option 2, for one b/c of price, and two b/c the only difference I noticed between the Eurospecs and the HID kit is the look of the physical headlight. Ive compared my HID kits output to a B5.5 with Eurospec headlights, and there is no difference.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I went with option 2, for one b/c of price, and two b/c the only difference I noticed between the Eurospecs and the HID kit is the look of the physical headlight. Ive compared my HID kits output to a B5.5 with Eurospec headlights, and there is no difference.
So does the McCulloch kit give you Bi-Xenons? HID in both regular and Hi-beam? Just like the EuroSpec Xenons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts