Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright for any of you who read the other thread, the car fell threw, any way.

I was thinking about getting a light wieght crank pully for my v6. My only question, is it any semi easy install? I dont have to take off my whole front do i? I realize i would have to loosen the belt and unbolt it and bolt the other back on but is ther any thing i am missing? Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And i would rather kill my self, then do that for just the pully, i guess have to wait till the Tb is done.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
More then likely you will have to put the car in the service position.
Yup.
Best to do during a timing belt change.
Note that the only lighweight pullies I've seen for the V6 are underdrive.
You don't want these if you plan of an S/C realitivly soon or if you are panning to put in something like a cound system which will put a drain on teh alternator.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Yup.
Best to do during a timing belt change.
Note that the only lighweight pullies I've seen for the V6 are underdrive.
You don't want these if you plan of an S/C realitivly soon or if you are panning to put in something like a cound system which will put a drain on teh alternator.
Your not longing hard enough.

Lightweight pulleys.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i have found the light wieght pullys thanks, i actually found out a couple of days ago i have about 6k coming to me after christmas from my grandma who passed away, so my hope and dream is to s/c the passat a do a couple of other things, but who knows whats gonna happen, defintly gonna need some of it for court, and the rest might have to go to school. Will keep everyone updated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts