Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
any of you know how to take out light switch
i just instaled hid kit and i need to disable daytime runing lights
thanks

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
On the relay panel under driver's side dash. Open driver's door and pry the fuse cover panel off the side of the dash. You may be able to reach your hand through the fuse panel area and get to the relay panel and relay 173.

If not remove the lower dash panel. IIRC, there's 2 bolts in the fuse panel area and 2 bolts underneath the dash holding the lower panel in place. Take those bolts out (look for more but I think that's all) and pry the panel off. You'll then see the relay panel.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You can use method "2" which involves taping over the connector on the switch (don't remember which though) - Relay 173 seems to be the most popular route.
The headlight switch pushes in, and rotates clockwise - then pull straight out being careful of connections

·
Registered
479 Posts
aliencds, that's cheating!!
Half the sense of accomplishment of doing this mod comes from shoving your hand in past the fuse panel trying to get to the relay and scraping the crap out of your knuckles.

Now put it back and do it the "right" way!
:lol:

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
aliencds, that's cheating!!
Half the sense of accomplishment of doing this mod comes from shoving your hand in past the fuse panel trying to get to the relay and scraping the crap out of your knuckles.

Now put it back and do it the "right" way!
:lol:
Heh. Actually, I had my dash valance off while I was installing my turbo timer, and I still pulled my 173 relay through the fuse panel. The weirdest thing was, it was easier to get at from the side than through the front.

Having the front open made it a lot easier to see, though.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
when i took mine off i grabbed it without taking anything off. The nice thing about having a skinny hand :) didnt even scrape anything either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts