Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's cheaper to register at my parents address in Ohio...

I really don't want to pay $1300 for 6 months of insurance here! (I got a couple quotes)

This is with NO tickets and NO accidents.

Anyways I am on "temporary" assignment here.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
GOTMILF

:D

(There is a thread in the OT forum...)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here's my suggestion, save your money and take whatever number the state issues you. Vanity plates are a waste of money. When your young every dollar invested for retirement multiplies itself many times over. I know, I'm 66 yrs. old and have a Florida home in winter and a cabin in Minnesota on Lake Superior for the summer. My total cycliner count in my toys is at 61. I didn't get that by buying vanity plates which mean absolutly nothing.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rhsrph said:
Here's my suggestion, save your money and take whatever number the state issues you. Vanity plates are a waste of money. When your young every dollar invested for retirement multiplies itself many times over. I know, I'm 66 yrs. old and have a Florida home in winter and a cabin in Minnesota on Lake Superior for the summer. My total cycliner count in my toys is at 61. I didn't get that by buying vanity plates which mean absolutly nothing.

Wow you won't get far around here with that attitude...
You probably won't like my other plans.
1. Tint
2. Eibach Pro-system
3. Supersprint Exhaust

I have several rebuttals...
1.) Pouring a few thousand into a car is nothing compared to getting sick of it and trading it in for a new one every 3 years.
2) I contribute to my 401K, IRA, and ESOP...more than most people in their 40's...I'm 23
3) I know first hand of people that pinched ever penny, happy? No, out of touch with reality, yes...it interfered with their lives and their childrens lives...sadly some things may affect them their whole lives
4) I am not becoming a CPA and an MBA, not to spoil myself once in awhile. Not everything is about money, but you have to see some rewards for you efforts.

I understand your point, and thank you for your opinion, but I think I can afford this $35 + an extra $10 a year.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Antoddio said:
Hamr...how did you post that picture...every part is a different pic.

B5 VDUB isn't bad...I can get it with the space too. Any opinions?
I created it on the website you provided, did a print screen to capture the entire image, cut it out in photoshop, uploaded it to my personal server, and posted it here for you fine folks! :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey how ya doing here are some ideas to Try

FLIB5HI
FLY B5
B5 OR DIE
FLUB5BIU
VWB5RUL

Hey how many letters allowed??? :lol:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hey man,

Does Ohio have the front license requirement?

It would be great if you could go without it.

I avoided knocking out the holes and putting the front plate on because I think the car looks Sooo much better without it (as do many of today's cars with round-er shapes), but when my wife got pulled over and got a 5-day to put it on, I had to bite the bullet.

Thanks Wisconsin, I know it's only so the cops can play laser-tag on me as I drive towards them. :mad: You're ruining my aerodynamics and my style!

As far as plate suggestions, you could try HOT B5 or NOTB4B5

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea...Ohio sure does have that requirment.

I also want to stay Ohio becuase their bicentennial plates are some of the nicest looking plates I've seen...much better than the plain WI plates.

I wonder how well WI cops know OH plate and tint laws?? Probably good enough unfortunately.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Antoddio said:
Yea...Ohio sure does have that requirment.

I also want to stay Ohio becuase their bicentennial plates are some of the nicest looking plates I've seen...much better than the plain WI plates.

I wonder how well WI cops know OH plate and tint laws?? Probably good enough unfortunately.
I had Ohio plates and think they are the dumbest lookin' plates they've ever made. The plates before the Bicentennial ones were allright, but these bicentennial plates look like Idaho plates.

I hated them so much that I went and paid the extra money for the Ohio State University plates.

Does Wisconsin have the front plate requirement? If not, just get a normal Ohio set of plates and then stick a Europlate on the front. I did exactly that since I live in Tennessee now.

Example:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.