Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Are you serious?? How the crap could that actually work?? If it can fool a camera, it seems like it would fool the eye.

Jonathan

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
all it does is make the plate extra shiny so that it reflects more light and over exposes the "film" ( its all digital so there is no real film but the princible applies)

the plate covers are kinda of like thouse huge 8.5X11 magnfiing glass's that you can buy at walmart ( made of plastic) so that you can only vew the plate from straight back

the red lights are mounted up and to the right or left so at there angle it cant see the plate.

i would be carful because 1) you shouldnt be runing red lights and 2) if i was a cop and i found you with one i would give you the wooden shampoo

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
I've seen an investigative report that analysed several different products and techniques to beat cameras and while only 1/2 of them even had any effect, of those that did block out the license plate in normal view all of the products still showed the plate with the lighting inversed or with some other easy technique.

The conclusion: none of them were worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
PNWdriver
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing