Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Obama is proposing this new $825 billion package to stimulate the economy and promote job growth.

I'm with Republicans on this.

IMO this is ANOTHER wrong move.....but either way. Can anyone please explain how this package is going to create jobs? I just don't see it.

Only thing I see is wasteful spending which won't really address the issue at hand.

Unemployment is getting out of control.....

I was NEVER a believer in "throwing money at the problem" in MOST cases (especially how state/fed departments are set up TODAY, still mismanaged) it will do more damage then good.

How about cleaning up the mess first BEFORE even thinking about throwing any money ANYWHERE.

Also where is this money coming from? Another example of Government spending OUR money that they don't even have.....then they will tell us to be responsible and not live beyond our means?

Come on now...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I'm sure you've reviewed the details of the stimulus package in detail, hence your opinion. As I see it, aside from minor brushing up on spelling, you're qualified to lead the way on fixing the economy.

·
Banned
3,171 Posts
Stupid idea... and the Bushites were wrong when they did it too.

I have admit, Obama is MORE wrong for doing it, since things are MUCH worse now, you would think he would see it was a bad idea.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure you've reviewed the details of the stimulus package in detail, hence your opinion. As I see it, aside from minor brushing up on spelling, you're qualified to lead the way on fixing the economy.
Please do share, your post is worthless.

I don't get paid or signed up for the job....neither would I even consider. Not sure what you are talking about willis.

PS. I fixed the spelling teach...

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
If ALL of the money only went soley to the people of the US then I'm for it. That would be approximately $2,750 per person. So a family of four would get $11,000. I think this would help everyone.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I'm in agreement with Tom. If the only solution we can come up with is "throw more money at it", (Let's face it, thats about the only solution most politicians seem to understand) then throw it at us.

If a family of 4 received $11,000 today, in this climate of uncertainty, how many of those families would pay down debt, which in turn would dramatically reduce the amount of outstanding loans on the bank balance sheets. Further strengthening their capital.

Some would spend it on other items, such as cars, TVs, or neccessity items for the home (clothing, repairs, etc.) A smaller percentage might actually save it, but I am inclined to believe that most of the population would work to reduce debtloads.

That would have to have a more positive impact than handing more money to the financial and auto industries.

Maybe I am just thinking rationally.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If ALL of the money only went soley to the people of the US then I'm for it. That would be approximately $2,750 per person. So a family of four would get $11,000. I think this would help everyone.
I agree!!!

LaTuFu - if I was to get 11k, half of it would go to debt, quarter into savings and rest into NEEDS (which I haven't been able to meet). Cars, Dental, Health, house fixes.....for whatever that's worth.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I must be in the minority.

Before the implosion, I had no debt and significant savings.

Seeing the buying opportunity with lower prices and near-0% interest rates, I bought my first house and invested some money in the market.

·
Never forgets
2,380 Posts
The government can only directly create so many jobs. You gotta get people buying things they can't afford again to get this economy moving.

·
0 Posts
I just love how The stimulus package pointed at the people is getting the most Resistance, Not like the easy money banking package, or the live or die auto package.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 51 Posts