Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is finally the install day for my new clutch and flywheel. Thanks to rfenti and the guys at Spec Clutch for fixing me up.

I was able to get Ray's slightly used Spec Stage 2 pressure plate and clutch disc along with the lightweight flywheel. What a great unit. I had to send the parts back to Spec to get resurfaced and some items replaced but all is good now.

So, Install starts around 9.30am. A buddy at the dealer tells me it will take them about 3-5 hours to do the install as long as there are no major issues. Once I get it all back, Ill let everyone know how the install was, and how the car drives.

Steve

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Pics and write up for the Info forum please!!!!

You know a lot of high mileage cars are showing up in here....many future clutch installs coming!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Scuba2001 said:
I dont think I will be doing a write up at all on this. Its something that should be done at a shop, or by someone who had a lift and all the tools.

I will take pictures though and give my opinion on how it drives once its done.
I started out with good intentions of hooking up my fellow CB5ers with pics and a write up..........

That fades pretty quick when doing a clutch install by yourself though :crazy: ......not enough hands/time/patience to do the install while taking pics :weirdo:

Congrats though bro........big smokey burnouts await you my son.......... :lol:

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PsoughtAftr said:
Congrats though bro........big smokey burnouts await you my son.......... :lol:
Haha, thanks. Im thinking a longer break in period, something like 500-1000 miles for a stiffer unit. What do you think?

Pics to come shortly. Ill be leaving to head to the dealership in about 30 mins.

Steve

·
Registered
434 Posts
Scuba2001 said:
Im thinking a longer break in period, something like 500-1000 miles for a stiffer unit. What do you think?
Well, you certainly can't do the clutch any harm by breaking it in for a longer period of time. First time I really layed into mine was at a little over 1100 miles after my install (ECS Stage II w/lightened FW). I tend to be a lil bit on the conservative side and I did mine in the middle of winter so there really wasn't much of a rush to go out and rail on it at the time. Sure made a helluva difference though.......clutch feels correct now. Lots of clamping pressure and very comfortable pedal feel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.