Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live in Wisconsin. I have a '99 1.8T. With in the first 6 months of purchase my vehcile was in the shop more then it was at my house. Contacted VWOA complained...."Sorry sir nothing we can do for you" "That is what your warrnty is for" Contacted a Lemon Law Lawyer and he said that I didn't have a case. Apparently it is very difficult to file a claim.

On the brighter side I haven't had too many problems since. I also stopped going to the stealerships. I just have a rear window that doesn't roll down. It is off the "track" Apparently it is just a matter of replacing a newly designed pin. This just happens to be the same window that the stealership fixed for the same problem in that first 6 month period.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i think all lemon laws, or atleast the one in PA, deals with the same problem happening over and over again.

i thought the details were diff. in each state, but had to be the same problem, i could be wrong though.

if you care, in PA its three times for the same problem, but it is still hard to fight anything, basically, if the dealership or company gives you a new car your lucky, otherwise you have to fight in court and its tought to win these cases, atleast in PA

·
Registered
79 Posts
Phat J said:
I live in Wisconsin. I have a '99 1.8T. With in the first 6 months of purchase my vehcile was in the shop more then it was at my house. Contacted VWOA complained...."Sorry sir nothing we can do for you" "That is what your warrnty is for" Contacted a Lemon Law Lawyer and he said that I didn't have a case. Apparently it is very difficult to file a claim.

On the brighter side I haven't had too many problems since. I also stopped going to the stealerships. I just have a rear window that doesn't roll down. It is off the "track" Apparently it is just a matter of replacing a newly designed pin. This just happens to be the same window that the stealership fixed for the same problem in that first 6 month period.
Hey! I am from Madison, too! Where do you service your B5? My car (2002 B5.5 in Candy White) is still under warranty so I will probably end up getting all my service at the local stealership but once the warranty expires I would like to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
16 Posts
zimbrick is the worst dealership I have ever delt with. That includes the east and west side. Also every time I went in for a problem my car came out with another. The last time I had them change my oil I ended up losing my belly pan. They refused to replace. I tell everyone to stay away from Zimbrick.

As far as getting my work done. I know the guys at M&J Truck and Auto on Stoughton Rd. I change my own oil now there. My brother is a mechanic so if I run in to a problem I have him fix it. Let me get back to you about other places to get work done. There is a small import shop in Sun Prairie that works on VW. I will have to ask around to see how the quality is there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.