Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the engine out of my 05 passat 1.8 t manual and after putting it all back together I have a couple bolts leftover and I can not for the life of me figure out where they go. I am fairly confident that they are from the front area of the sub-frame but I cant find where. I attached a picture of them and if any of you happen to recognize them and remember where they go Id appreciate it if you'd let me know. Kind of a dumb question I know, but I figured I'd post this and see if I could get some help.

Thanks!

Tool

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Sub-frame, front or rear lower control arm(s) at sub-frame.
Maybe the bumper, but they look to short for that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: I went and took another look after I posted this and figured it out. They looked like subframe bolts but I knew that I had all of those back in so I looked around the bottom of the car for other places they may have come from. They were actually from the oil pan, back towards the transmission. I had taken some of the oil pan bolts off before I had the engine out and apparently forgot about these. No harm done and I got them in. Had to drop the subframe again but It went pretty quick.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
They were actually from the oil pan, back towards the transmission. I had taken some of the oil pan bolts off before I had the engine out and apparently forgot about these.
I was going to mention that but I thought, no way are those bolts that big. My lack of knowledge on the 1.8. Only ever worked on one of them.

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,297 Posts
Glad you got that sorted!

Wasilla, eh? I'm up that way every once in a while. Got extended family in Anchorage and the surrounding area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.