Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Passat with factory Monsoon system. Lately the volume on the driver's side speakers - front and back, I think - gets quiet for several seconds. It's very obvious when I turn the balance all the way to one side and then the other. It spontaneously comes back to normal. It happens once every 5-10 minutes. I disconnected and then reconnected the plugs to the amp, but I'm still having the problem. Any ideas?

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,881 Posts
typically, this could be caused by poor wiring connectionns just as you suspected when you disconnected and reconnected the plugs to the amp. it could also be caused at the cable connection to the back of the head unit in the dash. you might try cleaning the contacts at the amp AND the back of the head unit with a q-tip dipped in alcohol.
in addition, but less likely (since it is both front and rear speakers on the driver's side), it could be the connections at the speakers themselves.

you don't say if it depends on input, however... does it do it with the radio and CDs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great idea (about the alcohol) - thanks a lot. do i need a special tool to pop out the head unit?

it happens with radio and CDs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts