Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time had come for a new car. I tried the new Passat and it has become to large a vehicle for me. I also tried the Jetta and Gulf and the new styling just didn't do it for me (subjective). I have always missed the days of my 72 civic and its utter toss-ability. I somehow ended up in the seat of an A3 2.0t DSG Sport and... well, it is now in my driveway.
The Passat has left with its new owner for the Chicago area and I am sure he will be visiting here to learn the car.

Thank you all for your support and hospitality over the years.

Cheers all :beer:

·
Registered
442 Posts
C'mon,it's a dressed up golf with an over infated price tag.I had an a4 prior to the passat and it really was no better than the passat,in fact the space in the rear of the a4 was ,quite frankly pathetic.I'm not putting your car down ,just giving my opinion.It's a real nice car and i hope you enjoy it.Parts seem to be far pricier as well ,but it's a premium brand ,so people seem to accept that.Cheers Calum:thumbup:

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,503 Posts
C'mon,it's a dressed up golf with an over infated price tag.I had an a4 prior to the passat and it really was no better than the passat,in fact the space in the rear of the a4 was ,quite frankly pathetic.I'm not putting your car down ,just giving my opinion.It's a real nice car and i hope you enjoy it.Parts seem to be far pricier as well ,but it's a premium brand ,so people seem to accept that.Cheers Calum:thumbup:
The A4 is no better than a B5/B5.5 Passat because the latter is essentially an Audi in VW clothing. I don't know how the new A4 will compare with the new Passat, but I dislike the latter's increased size and stupid trouble-prone gimmicks, such as the electronic parking brake.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Love the headlights on that car, hope you enjoy it! There is a really sweet video of those getting built on Google Video ... if I find it again I'll post it.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Welcome to the A3 owners on PW family ;)

My wife and I both have one now.

Clicky for picts and stats

I have driven or owned almost all Audi's and VW's of recent years, and honestly LOVE my A3's

Some may say I/ You shoulda bought a MKV(and it always leads back to $$). Money isn't an issue to me in this price range, so we bought cars we enjoyed driving, loved the looks of, and wanted good service to back up the product (since lets face it: We are still dealing with VAG cars...)

I could spend all night giving more reasons why, but since you bought one, you probably understand as well ;) :thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
The A4 is no better than a B5/B5.5 Passat because the latter is essentially an Audi in VW clothing. I don't know how the new A4 will compare with the new Passat, but I dislike the latter's increased size and stupid trouble-prone gimmicks, such as the electronic parking brake.
Ditto. I tried talking myself into an A4 when I bought my Passat ('01, both cars), the Passat has more toys and was just as much of a blast to drive. The A3 looks great, I must admit...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts