Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 1.8t passat. I think the leak is coming from where the DV valve is connected i would show pics but im still having trouble posting pics. but i think its from the inlet hose that connects to the dv. if u look on this site http://home.comcast.net/~hhong4/forgeinstall.htm its the second pic and it would be #17 but where the dv connects. If u lookk at the 3rd pic then its where the hose clamp is. I dont see any other oil residue except on the dv and this hose. What could it be? Im replacing all the vacuum lines should io just replace that too just to be on the safe side??

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
You need to tighten the clamps. Obviously if you have oil leaking from there it is under boost and so I assume that the clamps are not tightened enough. BTW the clamps on the both side of the metal tube crossmember have tendency to get loose and leak.

·
Registered
236 Posts
hi I also had oil all over that same big hose your talking about.If you look carefully i think your oil is comming from your valve cover.Look carefully around the seal of your cover right above the turbo.If you see oil their ,it's probably dripping down and falling on that hose.

I'm having the same problem as you.Mine is not fixed also.I see oil around my valve cover and suspect if comes from thier.Maybe im wrong and someone on this site can help us out.

I'm also suspecting a boost leak.I also have oil on #6 on hermans diagram.I have no clue what that valve is.

I dont want to hijack your post so ill wait for answers regarding your problem.

thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i cleaned it all off i didnt tighten anything yet im just going to drive it around and see what happens tomorow morning, ill check it as i replace the vacumm lines with new silicone lines. Ill let u know what i find. :suspicio:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.