Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My application is a late vin 2000 B5 wagon, V6, FWD, tiptronic. I installed Bilstein sports without the adjustable perch positions. The springs on the car are H&R OE sport sedan springs. The drop is close to even, with just slightly more drop in the rear. I will be purchasing a new set of proper application wagon springs. I will be choosing from the big three: Neuspeed, H&R, and Eibach. I would like a even front to back drop appearance, or slightly raked would be OK. I just want to avoid the situation where the back is much lower than the front.
I've seen various threads about changing the front perches to the early vin version. Does this always need to be done. Are there some spring applications that compensate for the later perches? I want to do it correctly on the first try.
Thank you in advance for any help, Shawn

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
The ONLY reason the rear is sitting lower is because the rear of a variant weighs more. When you go to the correct springs it'll sit fine.

·
Registered
28,326 Posts
You could just get the Bilstein coilover kit from ECS and lower the front.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
On the low VIN cars (mine is an early '99) are there any changes to be made for H&R Sports and Bilsteins?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If the rear is only low by 1/2 inch, you could shim the rear springs... add large "washers" above and below the rear springs to make up the difference. It really just depends on your goal: whether the front is too high, or the rear is too low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts