Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is guys, for those who haven’t gotten one this is you last chance to get a slightly scratched or demo models at a discounted price. We have only a few left and that’s it for the making. If you would like one go to our site and using the online store link look for the group buys tab under sale items and you will find them. We have a few of red and black left. If you have a specific color you want out of the red or black after filling in your first name in the shipping field type ether red or black with no spaces and we will try to get that color to you other wise we will ship what we pull out first. Remember to find which type fits you car from our Passat suspension page located here http://www.pandpmotorsports.com/suspension.htm to see which one you need.
These are left over from the group buy.

Thanks, Jerry @ P&P Motorsports

This is what we have left

(3) Type 2 Red
(2) Type 2 Black

(3) Type 1 Red

Our sit address is http://www.pandpmotorsports.com

<![CDATA[Here it is guys, for those who haven’t gotten one this is you last chance to get a slightly scratched or demo models at a discounted price. We have only a few left and that’s it for the making. If you would like one go to our site and using the online store link look for the group buys tab under sale items and you will find them. We have a few of red and black left. If you have a specific color you want out of the red or black after filling in your first name in the shipping field type ether red or black with no spaces and we will try to get that color to you other wise we will ship what we pull out first. Remember to find which type fits you car from our Passat suspension page located here http://www.pandpmotorsports.com/suspension.htm to see which one you need.
These are left over from the group buy.

Thanks, Jerry @ P&P Motorsports

This is what we have left

(3) Type 2 Red
(2) Type 2 Black

(3) Type 1 Red

Our sit address is http://www.pandpmotorsports.com

[Modified by P&P Motorsports, 2:51 PM 7/7/2002]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: Last of the last strut brace sale from P&P Motorsports (P&P Motorsports)

I didn't realize that the B5 strut has been discontinued.

I just placed my order.

One more question... For the old style 2001 B5, not the B5.5, I should order type 1, the web page is unclear.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: Last of the last strut brace sale from P&P Motorsports (mnelson)

interesting...
Actually, if there is still a black one for my 2000 Variant, I'll take it. Pls let me know. Thnx.

<![CDATA[interesting...
Actually, if there is still a black one for my 2000 Variant, I'll take it. Pls let me know. Thnx.

[Modified by okibono, 10:49 AM 7/8/2002]

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Re: Last of the last strut brace sale from P&P Motorsports (okibono)

Jerry,

I bought a type two bar from a fellow member and was wondering if I will have a problem using this bar on a 2001.5? I was told that it will fit, but on your webpage it says that you have a 2002 bar under contruction? Was i misinformed? Also is there some kind of installation instructions you can email me.

Thanks,

·
Registered
921 Posts
Re: Last of the last strut brace sale from P&P Motorsports (Roycer)

I saw 2 type a 6 point a 4 point

i like the 6 point strut brace, but will it fit a 98 b5,
been trying to call but no answers ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: Last of the last strut brace sale from P&P Motorsports (Turbox)

I installed my red type 2 yesterday. I think I bought the last one (at $109.00, including shipping, a great price!). Sorry, no pics but the link a few posts above regarding installation shows everything well.

I received no mounting hardware (longer bolts & extra washers the instructions state are provided, were not) and the OEM washers (1/8" thick) the instructions specify should fit inside the mounting bracket hole are too large in diameter to go there. Soooo... it's mounted without any washers, since the bottom of the bar bracket (underneath the mounting bolt) is the same thickness as the OEM washer I removed.

I haven't noticed much difference in handling so far but the red color has added at least 10 mph to the top end.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: Last of the last strut brace sale from P&P Motorsports (B5Skvir)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I received no mounting hardware (longer bolts & extra washers the instructions state are provided, were not) and the OEM washers (1/8" thick) the instructions specify should fit inside the mounting bracket hole are too large in diameter to go there. Soooo... it's mounted without any washers, since the bottom of the bar bracket (underneath the mounting bolt) is the same thickness as the OEM washer I removed.

I haven't noticed much difference in handling so far but the red color has added at least 10 mph to the top end.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found that strange too... no hardware, or evenan invoice. But I mounted it w/o any washer. A 10 min install.

The sway bar helps you as you are going out of a turn. It reduces the amount of sway/roll the car has coming off a turn by a lot. There has been a very noticable difference IMO.

The bar does not give you better handling as you are turning. For that you need a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: Last of the last strut brace sale from P&P Motorsports (Furiator)

I already have a rear sway bar, check my signature. I just haven't noticed much difference by adding the strut tower brace.

My OEM battery will need replacement soon, before the snow flies, and I hope aftermarket batteries will fit beneath the bar.

<![CDATA[I already have a rear sway bar, check my signature. I just haven't noticed much difference by adding the strut tower brace.

My OEM battery will need replacement soon, before the snow flies, and I hope aftermarket batteries will fit beneath the bar.

[Modified by B5Skvir, 10:46 AM 8/1/2002]

·
Registered
332 Posts
Re: Last of the last strut brace sale from P&P Motorsports (B5Skvir)

I'm thinking about getting a Type 1. Do you still have any left? Also, I saw the price of $125 on the site, but someone up above said they got their's for $109 shipped? Is the $125 not the GB price? Please let me know and I'll probably order pretty quick.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Last of the last strut brace sale from P&P Motorsports (Huffster)

Huffster, We only have two strut bars left. These are the discontinued units that are scratched and were used for demo models. They are $95.00 plus shipping. We do not plan to make any more of these.

We have no type 2 bars left
We have only 2 type 1 bars left

·
Registered
332 Posts

Just to be 100% sure (sorry, I am new to the Passat scene and want to be sure) I am looking at getting a 98 or 99 Passat. Probably a Wagon, but poossibly a sedan. The type 1's fit those right? If so, which colors do you have left? I'll take one, I just need to know what color to put.

Geez, I am buying parts before I even have the car...the mod fever strikes again...

·
Registered
332 Posts

It's looking like I'll get a 98, so I'm getting the last RED one. I just signed up on the website for PayPal payment. Shoot me an email with an exact total. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.