Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
How can you go fast enough on the Edens to crash?! I spent half of the weekend on that abominable mess and barely broke 30. Actually at night it was pretty speedy, but even Sunday morning church traffic had me taking Cicero to the airport.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's been charged leaving the scene of an accident, failure to give immediate notice of an accident and "improper lane usage". Somehow he managed to post $100 bond and get out of jail.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Probably had a few too many, which is why he walked away from the scene and reported it to police later.
no doubt about that one. reports indicate he had been to at least 2 night clubs prior to the crash. before those details came out, i told my wife that i bet he had been out drinking and left so he could avoid a dui. didn't some nascar driver do that recently as well, except that he was like a block from home or something?

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,712 Posts
From the photos, it looks like he's on the wrong side of the road. And unless it happens regardless, he almost rolled it too. The whatchamacallit's deployed above the head rests.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
Some how the rich and famous always get special treatment.:banghead: At least we all know now that if you get into an accident in Illinois you can leave the accident scene and only have to pay $100 at the police station.:crazy:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
How can you go fast enough on the Edens to crash?! I spent half of the weekend on that abominable mess and barely broke 30. Actually at night it was pretty speedy, but even Sunday morning church traffic had me taking Cicero to the airport.
At 3.00 AM, sure you can ... ;) :thumbup:

Lance should be charged with assault and battery on the Lambo ... ;)

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is all a conspiracy by Jerry Angelo and Mike McCaskey.

Also, Briggs still owes over $1,000 in fines for various offenses in Tucson, AZ (he played college ball at U of AZ).

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Some how the rich and famous always get special treatment.:banghead: At least we all know now that if you get into an accident in Illinois you can leave the accident scene and only have to pay $100 at the police station.:crazy:
You only have to pay a certain percentage of your bail. It wasnt a hit or run man. He didnt kill anyone. You want them to hold him in jail with a 10 million dollar bail? Even then, Im pretty sure he can afford the 10% that it would cost him to post bail.
Maybe he was drinking, and he knew that the fine for "improper lane change" and "leaving the scene of an accident" woudl be far less than waiting around and getting a DUI. OR.....maybe he just cant drive a car with that much power, and left the scene out of embarrasment. Ya never know.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You only have to pay a certain percentage of your bail. It wasnt a hit or run man. He didnt kill anyone. You want them to hold him in jail with a 10 million dollar bail? Even then, Im pretty sure he can afford the 10% that it would cost him to post bail.
Maybe he was drinking, and he knew that the fine for "improper lane change" and "leaving the scene of an accident" woudl be far less than waiting around and getting a DUI. OR.....maybe he just cant drive a car with that much power, and left the scene out of embarrasment. Ya never know.
It was a hit & run. That's got the same legal definition as "leaving the scene of an accident". His car hit something, then he ran. However, because there were no stated injuries and the property damage falls into a certain range, it's only a misdemeanor.

He likely had no idea what the consequences would be, but he did know that he was over the legal limit and he ran out of fear. He got damned lucky and that's all.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
I worded it wrong....I was referring to a more serious hit and run with injuries, (referred to as an injury accident) which in many jurisdictions (and in illinois) would be a felony, and would constistute a much higher bail. (or no bail)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts