Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this mod?

Thinking of doing this, just wanted some feedback from my fellow krautlovers :lol: :poke:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was just checking this out and there is an outfit (can't remember the name right now) that will make model specific conversions with a minimum of 10 confirmed orders for around $1600. They make it so it uses the OEM mount points and has the correct strut for the weight of the door. I dig the idea, but the cost is a bit out of reach right now.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i think it is a great idea but it is way pricey .but if you have the jack go for it :thumbup:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lambo style doors are for Lambo's. DOnt copy them

Its like seeing a Honda with them, how gay. GOD DAM, Lambo doors on a Honda. Yeah real cool!!

Piece of Junk.

·
Registered
196 Posts
djskribble705 said:
Lambo style doors are for Lambo's. DOnt copy them

Its like seeing a Honda with them, how gay. GOD DAM, Lambo doors on a Honda. Yeah real cool!!

Piece of Junk.
- :D WHAT HE SAID :D

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
I like Lambo doors, but like people said above its to poserish and way to much money just for you doors to open up instead of out, but if you do it we would all still praise you for it :bow: Well at least i would :lol:

·
Registered
897 Posts
i have seen v-dubs in germany with this mod and i thought it was tight. :thumbup:
i wish i new how to post videos.....i bet a lot of you have seen the viideo wrthersee

·
Registered
150 Posts
Its not a practical mod, (although not many are) expensive but definetly cool. And the whole stealing from Lambo thing. To hell with that VW owns Lamborgini now anyway and they "borrow" parts from different makes they own all the time. Why can't we?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
quality_sound said:
Did you guys see the episode of "Pimp My Ride" where they actually did the Lambo door conversion? G-H-E-T-T-O.
:puke:
I would suggest NOT doing the Lambo-swing doors, and spend the money on other mods.

Yeah, I've seen it done on a Civic on MTV's Pimp My Ride (yes, I must admit I watch it on occasion, just to get a little amusement). It's a lot of work and effort (and money), and it doesn't seem to work that smoothly and I see a potential reliability/wear issue down the road. Also it is awkward to open and close the doors since it needs to be opened outward just a bit before swinging it upwards (due to the shape of the door opening), so using it on a daily basis it would a neusance.

It's also wierd to see it on a four-door, it only suits a two door, and only suits cars that were designed to have scissor swing doors (Lambos).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts