Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first question,

Can you rotate both of theses tires all around, not just front to back like a normal directional tire?

I have heard good things about the toyos but what about this specific kumho?

Looking for good wear, quiet ride and long life, not so much high performance.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have no idea about the kumho but I have proxes 4 and cannot tell how much I love this tire. It wears wel and should have decent tread life although I haven't had it that longl, and is very quiet (you really gotta listen hard to hear it). It's great in the rain (no noticeable slipping or anything yet, and I've had proxes 4 for at least 2-3k miles now. What I love about this tire is its versatility. For all its other merits, the performance is still phenomenal. I have a chip and DV and I CANNOT spin this tire (with automatic at least). The grip is excellent and it corners well without complaints. And above all, its stylish too :lol:

-Wapptor

·
Registered
14 Posts
dani_17 said:
For my experience now, tires that perform well are asymetrical and can only be rotated front-back and so on. You can normally notice it directly be seeing the tire's thread design.
yeah sorta. looking at the tread design should tell if they are directional or not. directional will rotate front to back only. and i think the proxes 4 are directional so no cross rotating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.