Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to post this, and if I've thrown it in the wrong forum section, I'm sure Admin will move it and order me to thrash myself soundly with a wet noodle.

Anyway, picked up my '03 W8 in March of this year. 24K miles, so still under VW's warranty. About three weeks ago (just before I was leaving for vacation, no less) I notice the map light on the driver's side is on, and won't click and stay off. When all is said and done, I have to end up pulling the fuse, because I don't want the thing melting or causing other problems. So with the fuse out, no power windows or sunroof. Not fun in SoCal.

On top of that, the small panel on the driver's visor that houses the remote buttons is loose and wanting to just about fall off whenever I press the button to get in the garage. Frustrating to say the least.

So I get back and make an appointment to get it in to get looked at. So I pick the car up yesterday, and while I expect that it will all be covered, I've had some less than stellar experiences with OEM warranties in the past. I roll into the service department, walk up to the cashier praying that they weren't going to give me some kind of total to pay, but no such luck! She gives me a copy of the work done (only replaced the driver side visor - the center console with the map lights is on order), and hands me my keys wishing me a good day.

SAH-WEET!!

So this is just a kudos to VW. A quality product, and quality support.

I'm definitely a VW convert for life!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Why do we get all the dope addicts on this forum?

Just kidding, if you found a good Dealer by all means hold on as tight as you can!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
that could be a good start for a post, heading toward a sticky: a list of reliable/honest VW stealersh.. oops I mean dealerships.

·
Registered
517 Posts
did you realize that you could have gotten a loaner car?

also VW warranty sucks... just wait. The number one fix for them is reset the computer and give it back to you

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
Better get out that wet noodle. Moved to - can you believe it? - "Dealerships and Service."

Please take the time to at least scan the forums before posting, that was pretty lazy. You're forcing the Moderators to do your work for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The buttons can be order at no charge from the homelink website, mine busted on my 04 emailed them and 5 days later hand a brand new shiney homelink insert for my visor. I'm pissed at VW, fuel pump went out at 76k last friday, called up VW...sorry no help, nada zilch...out almost 600 bucks with towing. What a feeling it is to lose all power on the highway. No dice on the passenger side windows that doesn't work either. Although some hjow the dealer was nice enough to replace the headlights and finally fix the issue where they would blow every 5 months or so. They were shaking really bad....told them there was a tsb on it...it was a black op fix...no documentation at all, just picked up the car, not lights shaking and the lights were working once again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts