Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped a new Kenwood head unit into my 03 Passat GLS and maaaaaaaaaaaaaan do those stock speakers kick hard when given a little extra push. Honestly, I question the need for a subwoofer at this point.

Just like chipping the 1.8T radically transforms the driving experience, a new head unit makes the entire car rumble pleasantly. =) I wonder why they decided to keep that from us? Haha.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. I haven't done any actual tuning to the stereo, just turned up the bass (I am not audiophile, but it sounded fine from what I could tell) and so far there's not volume I'm comfortable listening at that's threatened the speakers' health as far as I can tell. =D

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My rear speakers don't work at all save one of the tweeters, I miss the full monsoon system. :( Need to check the wiring, buuuuut I have more important things going on right now. Stupid P0411!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I switched the stock monsoon in my W8 for a sony headunit, then added a single 12inch sub, and it sounds pretty good. I'd like to get 4 new sets of components to switch everything out, but I can't since I have to start paying for school. :(

·
Registered
954 Posts
Same set up as above, JVC head unit with a 12 inch sub. Not bad at all. my back right speaker is unplugged due to some ground issues but I can't really tell a difference :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts