Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. The cultural backwater of Albany, NY is getting its first Krispy Kreme on Tuesday (actually, the 'burb of Latham). I've been hearing and reading about Krispy Kreme for several years, but didn't have the opportunity to try one until last November while visiting my future sister-in-law in Rochester. Well, one led to two which led to six. I was hooked and now with a local source, I'm in deep shit -- but happy as a pig in it, too. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
JazzMat said:
Yep. The cultural backwater of Albany, NY is getting its first Krispy Kreme on Tuesday (actually, the 'burb of Latham). I've been hearing and reading about Krispy Kreme for several years, but didn't have the opportunity to try one until last November while visiting my future sister-in-law in Rochester. Well, one led to two which led to six. I was hooked and now with a local source, I'm in deep shit -- but happy as a pig in it, too. :D :D :D :D
You're done for. When the first one came to Houston, there were blocks of cars in line to get through the drive thru. I thought that every one was crazy to wait in line for fried dough coated in sugar.

Then, I had one. Wow! Incredible!

Enjoy, they're awesome.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
From KK website:

Look for the Hot Light!
It signals our customers about some really good news. When we turn the light on during certain hours of the day and night, it means that our Original Glazed yeast-raised doughnuts are coming out RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT! So come on in and get some HOT!

yum-yum!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Used to be our Saturday morning ritual:

Breakfast at this killer Mexican Cafe, then go next door to a large KK store that feeds all the little outlet so a big production line is always going and you go thru the window tour while in-line to place your order.

We get a dozen combination and eat a few for dessert and another dozen to go. :crazy: Well, wife and I decided it is not the best for our waist after jeans started getting tighter on the waist. Haven't had KK for at least a year now. :sad:

BTW, the last flavor I ate is their Key Lime Pie - it was so good.

·
Founder
18,445 Posts
In N Out and Krispy Kreme, the cornerstone of any nutricious American meal! ;)

Jamie, best of luck to you...I'm glad I don't have one too close to my house.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Jamie, you should get a check up now and have another one in a month after its open.... :nervous:

THere is a Krispy Kreme about 3 miles away and it is miserable living this close. Im not even kidding when I say this, but there needs to be a warning label on the donut box similar to cigarettes. IT IS ADDICTING! AND YOU CANT HAVE JUST ONE! Tuesdays are the worse at my office. 2 For 1 Tuesdays......... By the time 9am hits, I feel like :puke: because of all the donuts in the office.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Please bring In N Out to the East Coast! :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
mmmmm...KK, I was a KK junkie when it came to Colorado, my only previous experiences were when I visited fmailt in Texas.

I have since turned my object of affection to Lamar's Donuts, however, KK still holds a special place in my heart, one day stopping it when it breaks loose.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
14 Participants
gig103
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing