Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 B5 1.8t manual and have some Neuspeed Sport springs on the way. This is a daily driver so I don't want a harsh ride, just something to control the nose dive and rear squat. Which shock gives the best compromise between ride and handling?

·
Registered
697 Posts
I personally run Bilsteins, but that is because it was what H&R developed the OE Sport springs with. I think the question is better posed to Neuspeed. Spring rates and the required compression and rebound damping rates of the strut are to a degree symbiotic. While a Koni might be softer it might also have less rebound control and induce jounce. (I used Koni as an example and is not indicative of any experience) Point is, talk to the spring manufacturer. tuner to find out what they feel is the best combination. For all I know, Neuspeed could have custom valved Bilsteins for its springs.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Neuspeed DOES have "Neuspeed Bilsteins Sports" that are mated to their Neuspeed springs and feature adjustable perches that allow you to tweak the ride height.

GB feeler going on in the GB forum now! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
S_Klass
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing