Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a set of Koni FSD shocks for my '05 Variant. I already have the Vogtland Sport springs (35mm drop) installed on stock shocks.

I know that you can buy the Koni FSD suspension kit that comes with Eibach Pro-kit springs (30mm drop).

I'm just wondering if that extra 5mm drop that I have with the Vogtland springs will be too much for the FSD shocks.

Anyone have experience with the FSD shocks and springs other than the Pro-kit?

·
Registered
39 Posts
i did have a question about those vogtland springs... how much did they run you and you like the ride?? and the height of the car after the springs

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Are the Vogtland Sport Springs the same as the Koni Sport Kit springs, which are also advertised to drop 35mm, and which someone previously posted are made by Vogtland?
I have the Koni Sport Kit springs. The drop on my 04 V6 Tip sedan was actually 2", versus the 1.4" (35mm) advertised drop.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The springs are pretty nice for my Variant. It is a pretty accurate drop. 1.4" all around. Feels good but I am using stock shocks so it bottoms out a bit. That is why I am upgrading the shocks.

On the Vogtland website it states the drop for the wagon is 1.4" while the sedan drop is 2".

I'm just hoping I can use the FSD shocks without wearing them too much due to the 1.4" drop. I've gathered that the FSD shocks can handle up to a 1.5" drop but I just want some input from people who have experience with them.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
....On the Vogtland website it states the drop for the wagon is 1.4" while the sedan drop is 2"..
Are you sure?
This is what I found:
Volkswagen Passat | 6 cyl Sport Spring Kits 01-up [VLsk-956092][m810-64108]

Specific: Drop: 1.4
General:
VOGTLAND sport spring sets made in Germany give your car improved dynamic handling, better cornering and a dynamic appearance.
http://www.vogtlandsuspension.com/p2223/Volkswagen-Passat-|-6-cyl-Sport-Spring-Kits-01-up-[VLsk-956092]/product_info.html

Anyway, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts