Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
The guy is a liar. There is no magical way to take an incadescent halogen bulb and just magically more than double the output while holding the power consumption steady.

SirWired

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Theoretically, a thinner, lower-resistance filament would accomplish this, but it would reduce the lifetime of the bulb to almost nothing.
A lower-resistance filament would use more power. It could certainly be made to last a long time, but it would also melt the wiring harness.

SirWired

·
Registered
306 Posts
Save money and buy an HID kit. I can even hook you up with one for $250
why go trough 10 sets a bulbs in a year when you can get something that is much better and last your even longer. HID's are 3x the life of a regular bulb.
I got mine last year b4 the passat for my golf and sold it with the golf, well i honestly couldn't drive at night with out it so i had to pick one up same week when i got my passat.

·
Registered
306 Posts
he love the once that i can get. I have hooked all my friends with them and not one kit went nor have i ever had issues with them Hella ballasts and GE bulbs asembled over seas..... I think after the 18's on my car the Xenon was the best investment.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I have a W8 with the HIDs - I drove my wife's Murano last night with standard Halogens, and felt like the drivers side lights were out.
It wasn't, and her next vehicle will have HIDs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts