Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a knocking noise from the rear of my B5.5. Sounds like its coming from the door hinges on the rear doors. The noise happens either when accelerating or deccelerating or sometimes over bumps. Its hard to simulate and can only been done so when driving.

It happens mostly on the rear passenger door but sometimes on the rear driver side door. Ive greased them as much as possible and they dont sag and seem in good condition. the rear driver side door only started making noises after I had greased it?

It really sounds like the hinges so I dont think it is the rear suspension (doesn't sound far enough back to be anything else). Ive had a hinge problem before and it sounds similar.

Anyone had any luck fixing this problem? My doors dont creak or make any noises when opened and seem otherwise in excellent condition.

I can't find any other reference to this kind of problem... help!

------
UK 2001 B5.5 PD TDI 130 105k miles

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Did you lube the part the rear of the door connects to. Which is the stiker plate I believe, and the hook on it? Sounds dumb but it worked for me on my front doors when i was hearing noises.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Antoddio said:
Did you lube the part the rear of the door connects to. Which is the stiker plate I believe, and the hook on it? Sounds dumb but it worked for me on my front doors when i was hearing noises.
yeah but use white silicone spray cause it will literally last FOREVER! trust me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts