Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
about two years ago there was a feeler for this. Now, there is some interest from the Audi forums.

Lets see what interest this get this time, and hope that with the addition of some Audi members we can get this active.

Full price is $219
Last time shox.com quoted $199-209 for GB.

I'd like to see about 20 members in hopes of getting a price around $190.

If motivation or reason is needed to pursuade members to purchase these, even with simple neuspeed sport springs and bilstein shocks/struts, rotating tires every oil change wasn't enough compensation for tires to last me more than 20,000 miles. Now, with the price of tires, this mod will pay for itself with one or two sets of tires.

1. Jdams112
2. guerasB5
3. slayerrule
4. Ricardo
5. Whatnow
6. VeeMike
7. sailinmon
8. B5V6

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
id take one if it will come with installation instructins because i found nothing on the net how to install it, also add some picture

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I'm in. Email or PM once the GB is official.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Count me In

Yeap. I'm good-to-go on this. My left side just won't get any closer than
-2.65. This is a good GB.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Add me to the list

Perfect timing - I run thru 2 sets of tires in 2 years since lowering the suspension.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we can try. The gb pre-approved by shox.com was for 10 members. However, my prices mentioned above are $10-20 less than what they quoted for a 10 member gb. We already have 8 and I'm pretty sure none of the Audi members who showed interest on Audizine have joined here yet. Once I cross post in my signature we should easily see more.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Be aware of several things:

1) OEM bushing diameter varies with manufacturer, so KMAC will not work with every arm

2) In general, you should install KMAC into new arms, to get the best life. Once you buy KMAC and new arms, you've basically paid for CCPs.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Be aware of several things:

1) OEM bushing diameter varies with manufacturer, so KMAC will not work with every arm

2) In general, you should install KMAC into new arms, to get the best life. Once you buy KMAC and new arms, you've basically paid for CCPs.

Whats the need for new arms. I plan to go cpp more then likely.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can attest moog, meyle, and febi/bilstein control arms all have the same size bushing as oem.

Uppers don't wear like the lower control arms, so if the lowers are replaced as soon as possible, the uppers may last significant amount of time. 100,000 miles on my passat when replacing control arms and 1 upper was still good. 90,000 miles on my audi and three uppers were still good.

buying individuals uppers and kmac kit may cost as much as cpp arms. However, buying a complete control arm/tie rod/hardware/stabilizer link kit from pap-parts.com will cost just about the same as upper cpp arms.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts