"J" version N75 valve

Coming Mod.
Kamei Chrome mirror covers

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: kkau-Hongkong (kkau)

All 1.8T owners please pay attention in your engine oil!
The select of engine oil is very important for VAG's car in Asia, especially for 1.8T engine. All new cars are fill up of engine oil by VAG factory when they completed, but the SAE of engine oil always is 0W/30 or 0W/40. These oil only suitable for use in -20Cto15C out door temperture, so these oil are not suitable for Asia situatation! If you selected a wrong oil, it can reduce the tubro life and increase the engine noise.
The correct spec. for 1.8T in Asia is 15W/50 or 5W/50. So, take care for the oil selection.

By: KK

[Modified by kkau, 8:26 PM 12/3/2002]

<![CDATA[All 1.8T owners please pay attention in your engine oil!
The select of engine oil is very important for VAG's car in Asia, especially for 1.8T engine. All new cars are fill up of engine oil by VAG factory when they completed, but the SAE of engine oil always is 0W/30 or 0W/40. These oil only suitable for use in -20Cto15C out door temperture, so these oil are not suitable for Asia situatation! If you selected a wrong oil, it can reduce the tubro life and increase the engine noise.
The correct spec. for 1.8T in Asia is 15W/50 or 5W/50. So, take care for the oil selection.

By: KK

[Modified by kkau, 8:26 PM 12/3/2002]

[Modified by kkau, 8:27 PM 12/3/2002]

·
Registered
70 Posts

Wow owning an Audi A4 must be awesome in HK. I'm guessing they're even more rare than the Passat. How much was it total w/ tax? My sister whose 17 is about to get her license, and the new A4 is her first choice for the car. I might come visit HK for vacation next year, and I wanna see your A4!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: kkau-Hongkong (SOSTrooper)

Hello SOSTrooper,
Yes, the A4 are also rare in Hongkong, but A4(8D) are easiler to discover than Passat in Hongkong.
And dealer sold over 400 new A4/A4 Avant(8E) in Hongkong this year! And the price of new A4 (164hps) is HK$318000(incl.tax), and A4 Avant (164hps) is selling in HK$348000. The new A4 is a nice car,
your sister is getting a correct choice!^^

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: kkau-Hongkong (SOSTrooper)

SOSTrooper,

You would think that. In reality though, A4s are quite popular in Hong Kong. I bet you will run into one (not literally) if you hang out in the street for long enough.

People in Hong Kong are image-sensitive. Audi has a much better appeal than VW. So, naturally, you get more people buying Audi than Passat here in Hong Kong.

There are also lots of 2nd-hand A4 (if your sister is interested). However, used Passat is hard to find in Hong Kong.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Too much filter oil can be cause the malfunction and damage on air flow sensor(especially the K&N), because the air flow sensors of VAG are very sensitive. A little bit dirt also can affact the air flow sensor. If the filter had too much oil, it can make some oil vapour when there in high temperture, and the oil vapour can polluted the air flow meter and cause the malfunction or damage
. So, the steps of cleaning and reoil are very important.

The steps of cleaning and reoil:
1.) Remove the filter from air box and put it into some warm water.(it can make the dust and dirt soften)
2.) Spray the cleaner or soapy water on the filter , then put it into some clean water and let the dirt remove my water.
3.) Flush the air filter with water.(make sure all the cleaner was removed)
4.) Let it dry.
5.) Spray a little bit of filter oil on your palm averagely.
6.) Make the oil on the intake surface of air filter by your palm and make sure the
oil are average on the filter surface.(don't spray the oil on the filter directly!)
7.) Completed.

<![CDATA[Too much filter oil can be cause the malfunction and damage on air flow sensor(especially the K&N), because the air flow sensors of VAG are very sensitive. A little bit dirt also can affact the air flow sensor. If the filter had too much oil, it can make some oil vapour when there in high temperture, and the oil vapour can polluted the air flow meter and cause the malfunction or damage

1.) Remove the filter from air box and put it into some warm water.(it can make the dust and dirt soften)
2.) Spray the cleaner or soapy water on the filter , then put it into some clean water and let the dirt remove my water.
4.) Let it dry.
6.) Make the oil on the intake surface of air filter by your palm and make sure the
oil are average on the filter surface.(don't spray the oil on the filter directly!)
7.) Completed.

[Modified by kkau, 4:45 AM 12/19/2002]

·
Registered
187 Posts

A re-capture of old news.
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Too much filter oil can be cause the malfunction and damage on air flow sensor(especially the K&N), because the air flow sensors of VAG are very sensitive. A little bit dirt also can affact the air flow sensor. If the filter had too much oil, it can make some oil vapour when there in high temperture, and the oil vapour can polluted the air flow meter and cause the malfunction or damage

4.) Let it dry.
7.) Completed.

[Modified by kkau, 4:45 AM 12/19/2002]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
678 Posts

That body kit looks fantastic, you should post some daytime shots. And get that baby chipped asap
you'll never stop grinning.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: kkau-Hongkong (Wal)

Thanks! WAL. I'm looking for a chip, but my car is a 164hps. version in HK, the engine code is BFB. It's difference from NA version, do you have any ideas for me about stage 1
? Many Thanks.

·
Registered
678 Posts

A chip will take you to ~200-210Hp. If you want me to look into it for you send me your ECU serial number and YOM. [email protected]

<![CDATA[A chip will take you to ~200-210Hp. If you want me to look into it for you send me your ECU serial number and YOM. [email protected]

[Modified by Wal, 12:11 PM 1/8/2003]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: kkau-Hongkong (Wal)

KKau,

I think you have completed the chip mod.

How does the chip running ?

Now your chip is 1 bar.

How many hps for your A4 ? (stock 164 hps)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: kkau-Hongkong (bobbychan)

Hi Bobby,
I just got my ECU today, but I haven't any time to install it due to my duty
. But I will install it on my car tomorrow, and I will let you know the result
. My car has about 206 hps after chipped and I just paid HK$3200 for all.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re: kkau-Hongkong (bobbychan)

6615 said:
Hi Bobby,
I just got my ECU today, but I haven't any time to install it due to my duty
. But I will install it on my car tomorrow, and I will let you know the result
. My car has about 206 hps after chipped and I just paid HK$3200 for all.

The price in HK is a lot higher than anywhere in the world. I think yours is a very good price. Do you mind giving me contact info of the shop?

·
Registered
1 Posts
t badge in hong kong

kkau,

dude sounds like you have a great a4, im quito from the philippines i have 2001 a4 1.8t tiptronic.where did you get the t badge with the red fin in hongkong?

i have upsolute 1 bar chip on mine ,beru plugs,k and n filter,eibach springs, and 18 inch bbs rx on eagle f1. hope you can help

chefsa4

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
chefs a4 said:
kkau,

dude sounds like you have a great a4, im quito from the philippines i have 2001 a4 1.8t tiptronic.where did you get the t badge with the red fin in hongkong?

i have upsolute 1 bar chip on mine ,beru plugs,k and n filter,eibach springs, and 18 inch bbs rx on eagle f1. hope you can help

chefsa4
Try the ebay.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
corradog60stage4
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing