Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
that first one is one of the most hidious things iv ever ever ever seen done to a car...:puke: hope thats not the one you like.. oh and did you try e-mailing them like it says for shipping bulky items...?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
This one isn't that terrible:

But I still would worry about quality and fitment. Shipping would also be a nightmare on any of these kits.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be happy with the vented fenders off of that "srs-tec" kit! But they dont ship internationally! How do I get my grubby little hand on them?

·
Registered
71 Posts
id rock the zender lip and "boot spoiler" and thats about all i like...

find someone in the UK (or wherever they are) have them buy it and ship it for you (send them the money to buy it and ship it and throw them an extra hundey or so for their troubles...) that would be the way i would go about it...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mycarsavw said:
I'm in the UK, but I sense a Nigerian-shipping-scam-type-thing.

If you are serious, show me the money.
How does 380.00 euros convert into U.S.? Anyway way we could guarantee the transaction? I mean, its not like I dont trust you! I'm sure you're a stand up guy and all, belonging to this fine website, and everything! ;) ;)

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
dreeemer69 said:
How does 380.00 euros convert into U.S.? Anyway way we could guarantee the transaction? I mean, its not like I dont trust you! I'm sure you're a stand up guy and all, belonging to this fine website, and everything! ;) ;)
Thems be English pounds my friend

£380 + p+p = $670ish + p+p + shipping + taxes

Not sure how you'd want to go about it, but these things are shipped from Germany and will take 4 - 6 weeks to arrive with me. Then another x weeks to get to you. One of us will be out of pocket at some point in the transaction.

You paypal me the cash. I purchase the kit using my own money and hold yours until the package arrives with me. I then take your money (reimbursing myself) and send your package on to you?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds pretty good... didn't think it would be so expensive! For two fenders? Ouch! Might take you up on that later... finally found some clear tailights for the b5.5! Pretty reasonable, too! (...but s+h from australia!) I appreciate the offer, though!

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
dreeemer69 said:
Sounds pretty good... didn't think it would be so expensive! For two fenders? Ouch! Might take you up on that later... finally found some clear tailights for the b5.5! Pretty reasonable, too! (...but s+h from australia!) I appreciate the offer, though!
No worries :thumbup:

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,983 Posts
Why not go straight to the source(s)? If Liquid Auto says they are the exclusive UK importer of SRS-Tec (for example), that means that they didn't manufacture the product. In that case, you call/email/carrier pigeon SRS directly and get the answers from them. It's still going to be abyssmal to ship from Deutschland, but you won't have to pay to ship it to UK and then US.

http://www.srs-tec.de

Front bumpers look to be about 370 Euro. And if you need to convert Euro to U$ (or anything else), look no further than oanda.com/convert/classic.

And for the record, £380 is about $660 (as mycarsavw said). However 380 Euro is about $450. You just saved $200 ...less my 15% fee, of course.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
traubenberg said:
Why not go straight to the source(s)? If Liquid Auto says they are the exclusive UK importer of SRS-Tec (for example), that means that they didn't manufacture the product. In that case, you call/email/carrier pigeon SRS directly and get the answers from them. It's still going to be abyssmal to ship from Deutschland, but you won't have to pay to ship it to UK and then US.

http://www.srs-tec.de

Front bumpers look to be about 370 Euro. And if you need to convert Euro to U$ (or anything else), look no further than oanda.com/convert/classic.

And for the record, £380 is about $660 (as mycarsavw said). However 380 Euro is about $450. You just saved $200 ...less my 15% fee, of course.
I talked with other German bumper maker CSR about importing to US. With low quatities it is way to expensive to ship across the pond. $460 for shipping to port, than $100 to our location (just for bumper). The cost was higher than price of the bumper.
I would reather search for some other kits in the US.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts