2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol:

I turned off the annoying "Missle Lock" warning I get from my
malfunctioning windshiled washer fluid sensor. I don't think I'll
fix it either! :whistle:

I was able to disable only this sensor while leaving my seatbelt
and brakepad sensors fully functioning using VAG-COM to
access module "17 Instruments" and recode the first two digits.
It's the same for the B5 Audi (where I got the info).

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB5.html

·
Registered
635 Posts
Heh, Last week I just disabled my brake wear sensor (stupid dealer telling me to buy pads without the sensor) and seatbelt warning but left the washer fluid. (as I can't see when it's getting low) :p

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
Ooh, thanks for the tip! (goes and checks the link) - ah, too bad - can't turn off the "low fuel" Missle Lock. Oh, well...

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah, that thing is loud, I've had passengers be convinced the car was going to self-destruct, and then when I tell them "oh, it's just about time to refuel" they just shake their head.

Is it possible the "STOP: BRAKE" alarm is still louder? I triggered that on my favorite hairpin-turning into increasing radius onramp, I'm just over min line on the brake fluid reservoir and the constant lateral force must have exposed the sensor. In any case I just about had a heart attack. Maybe it's just because I saw STOP in huge letters while winding up the engine in 2nd.

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
i hear the ding too and just pray while slowly looking down its not a damn emissions workshop...
the dreaded 39 degree warning lol.
always gets me, along with all the other ringtones..;)

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
I posted a while back about my driver door lock switch going bad (common) and the door open chime would go off randomly with all interior lights to boot! That caused me pain. I ended up changing some coding to UK settings which don't use the door open warning which took care of the tone and setting the interior light setting to off. Trade off on the coding is my MFD reads in imperial gallons, kms and C.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I can't stand the low wiper fluid alarm either. Despite the fact I am very close to my next OCI, I stopped by a local convenience store this weekend to to buy a $3 jug of fluid just to make it shut-up. It's an unnecessary convenience - I'm educated enough to know that if I pull on the wiper stalk on no fluid sprays on the windshield then - duh - of course it's low on fluid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts