Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 GLS. The metal ring at the bottom of the key underneath the unlock button was broken off when I bought the car. I was wondering if it is repossible to replace this piece? Can I buy a key and transfer all of my current key parts into a new housing that is intact? I am trying to get inside my key but I cannot seem to open it up. How have you guys opened up your keys?

Thanks.

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
First of all, is this what half of your key looks like? Does it have this style metal ring? If the answer is yes, then you can't just repair it, unless you glue it back on or something. The proper way of fixing your problem with this style of remote is to just buy a new remote.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Mine broke too. I keep Krazy-gluing it but it breaks again as soon as I drop it.

My dad glued it with some sort of industrial epoxy...I will see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
you can sell me the broken part..i just want a spare remote in case i lock the keys in the car at the house

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
break it open like a fortune cookie...i am serious..it feels like you will break it but it wont snap...check the info forum..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i tried the info forum, however it doesnt allow me to search for key or fob because its busch league and says thats too short. can anyone point me in the right direction i do not want to break my backup key.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts