Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive seen mention of haa type key blades. just curious what that means, and if it make a difference if a replacement blank isnt haa if ur original is. TIA

·
Registered
406 Posts
I can only confirm that HAA and NAA profile keys are used for MKIV and B5 vehicles. HAA profile are used to lock/unlock everything, NAA profiles are for Valet keys and will not lock/unlock trunk or glove compartment.

This is my source http://stores.ebay.com/VOLKSWAGEN-K...ark-4_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ18QQftidZ2QQtZkm for replacement blades. Thay also have replacement oval keypads in the event yours is all "punched down"

·
Registered
406 Posts
ok, so it has nothing to do with being a treansponder key or not, thats good to know. thanks
The transponder or RIFD chip is embeded in the plastic housing of the key end of the remote and not in the keyblade itself. As far as I know all the switchblade style key ends (For remote versions E,F,T, AM, and DC) have have the RFID chip embedded in them. Depends whether the car has an imobilizer system or not whether it uses them or not.

For example the "F" style remote is used for both the 2000 Passat and 2000 MKIV Golf. The Golf has an imobilizer, I'm not sure if the Passat does. My owner's manual says I do but I don't have an imobilzer light on the dash (or it's never come on)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts