Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Passat with an electronic key. The battery dies, I changed it and without the back cover on the key worked, but with the back cover on it won't work. The car still starts but it wont lock or unlock the car. Also my emergency key wont turn the emergency lock on the drivers door. The key goes in but it just won't turn to open it. I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue before and what the outcome was. Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
2007 Passat with an electronic key. The battery dies, I changed it and without the back cover on the key worked, but with the back cover on it won't work. The car still starts but it wont lock or unlock the car. Also my emergency key wont turn the emergency lock on the drivers door. The key goes in but it just won't turn to open it. I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue before and what the outcome was. Thank you!
Im having close to the same issue. my key fob will not lock or unlock doors. will start car but nothing on the lock side. my valet key will lock the door and set alarm but will not unlock car. I got locked out of my car with alarm on. lets just say I got in but it was not pretty. so yes im driving my vw around and not locking it. anyone else have same issue an info would be great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts