Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
just one? dang it. if you find a second let me know.
You can buy new aftermarket or used OEM remotes all day on ebay 1j0 959 753 AM | eBay

However, if you are trying to get a whole replacement key it's a little more expensive. Any decent locksmith can cut a key blank for you, but most can't program the immobilizer. Unless you have the SKC (secure key code) you can't do it yourself with a vag-com. I ended up buying a aftermarket key from tunemyeuro.com and renting their vag-tacho cable to program it. They cut the new key for me based on a photo I sent of the original.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If your's looks like this, the loop for the key ring will break easily if you twist it on the key ring.
Bought another shell on ebay and added another small key ring ( also ebay) between the key itself and my key ring that prevents torquing the loop - no problems since.

·
Registered
408 Posts
If your's looks like this
That is my key (literally I took the picture).
Yes, the loop is broken. I found out the hard way that crazy gluing that shut, will prevent you from changing the battery.
The Audi key is designed better, that one actually sits on my key chain. The VW key lives alone for now.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts