Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my Accuator replaced 2 days ago. Everything seemed to be working ok so far. This morning I get to work and I go to get out of the car and the alarm starts going off :oops:

Now I'm thinking that because I had a bunch of stuff in my hand that perhaps I hit the panic button by accident?

Why else would the alarm go off? It can't set itself when I'm driving, right? If it matters, I never locked the driver's door after I left the house.

How much is a new Key fob? Both of mine are worn out to the point where the panic button is exposed, although it's never used :???: and the other buttons have the rubber cut through from years of use :sad:

Thanks

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooinn99,

So basicallly if I get the switchblade type, then I get it empty with no key and have to get another one put in that matches my car? To see if the parts are compatible, what serial number am I looking for? I do have a valet key with a tag on it that may have a serial number, but I need to find it. Perhaps it's in my maunal somewhere.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ooinn99,

I was told by the dealer that they have to put a machine on the car to program the new key :???:

If I can do the other way, then that's great :)

NH VW Junky,

Thanks for the tip. I will certainly look into a lcoksmith vs. paying the dealer.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.