Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Passat owners so I lost the key to Danielle about a few months ago and needless to say I went on a whem and brought two OEM Volkswagen key fobs (keep in mind I firstly bought one off eBay from New York then this OEM Parts store online from Vegas) well fast forward to January 13 the key came in the mail and although it fits, it won’t turn and my godson twisted the steering wheel so it’s locked and now I’m stuck with a locked steering wheel and a key that fits but won’t turn in the ignition or key barrel I need some guidance on what shall I do to keep me from spending $250 on reprogramming, and cutting a key.

· Registered
17 Posts
Hello fellow Passat owners so I lost the key to Danielle about a few months ago and needless to say I went on a whem and brought two OEM Volkswagen key fobs (keep in mind I firstly bought one off eBay from New York then this OEM Parts store online from Vegas) well fast forward to January 13 the key came in the mail and although it fits, it won’t turn and my godson twisted the steering wheel so it’s locked and now I’m stuck with a locked steering wheel and a key that fits but won’t turn in the ignition or key barrel I need some guidance on what shall I do to keep me from spending $250 on reprogramming, and cutting a key.
Hello! I don't know if this is your case, but when I needed to get a copy of my key, at first I couldn't turn the key when in the ignition, I tried several times until I managed to turn the key, I went back to the guy who makes the keys and asked to see if the copy he had made was good, so he went to the car and managed to turn it on his first attempt, but he told me that he would need to move the steering wheel a little when he had the steering wheel locked, and that was it. maybe it's not your situation, but for me it was since I didn't know about this trick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts