·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what i have 99 passat key :(

this is the switch blade key 8)

anyone did this conversion? :???:

As long as I have matching key.....

what do i need to do? change whole alarm system? whatelse? too costly?

please :bow: reply i want to get the newone they are so HOT 8)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
That key you posted a picture of isn't a laser cut key :???:
My 98 :B5: has a laser cut key, like the one's on those switchblade remotes.. I've never seen that key type before....

The second switchblade remote in that image is for :B5: 's with Immobilizers (ie, the B5.5)

If your car is a 99, it had the banjo remote, and you must make sure you purchase the switchblade remote in the top of that picture.. ie no large metal ring across the bottom.

The alarm system is different and therefore won't work if you try and program the switchblade to your car..

Otherwise, it's real easy to switch over, I did it in under 30 mins. Just be careful when you're grinding down the original key, as if you grind it down too much the little cottar pin won't hold it properly into the remote :thumbup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
The blank on the top is one of the 5 or 6 common VW/Audi keyblanks, pre-Sidewinder style. It definitely will not work with your B5.

Brett

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
ACraig said:
If your car is a 99, it had the banjo remote, and you must make sure you purchase the switchblade remote in the top of that picture.. ie no large metal ring across the bottom.
Actually I’m using the bottom one (long metal one) on my 99 Passat. It’s been working fine. HL0 1J0 959 753 T is the # on mine.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
drive said:
ACraig said:
Actually I’m using the bottom one (long metal one) on my 99 Passat. It’s been working fine. HL0 1J0 959 753 T is the # on mine.
Really, weird, people said it didn't work because of different frequencies or something...

Oh well :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
drive said:
ACraig said:
Did the same on my 99, works great. The key :p is to get the switchblade remote with the right serial number. Notice the serial number above ends with a T. There are some out there that end with A, this will not work with older B5's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Whats the problem with the keys you have? Do you have a remote that comes with your current keys?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put the first picture wrong that's old version passat 97

YEs the second picture is remote for 2002-04

i know 98-01 match up and works fine... but never knew 02-04 one works!!!

according to ACE and DRIVE they will work with my passat 98 v6 gls?

wow i wanna get em 8) in fact i will get em.... uncut one very soon 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
ooopsij
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing