Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8) Just got my New 2001.5 Passat GLS 8)

I bought it out the door at $18.5K and It already supposedly had about $8000 worth of mods (and only 34K mi). Except for lowering springs, just about everything else is completely cosmetic (that I know of):
Full Zender/Votex kit (all around)
Spoiler (don't know brand yet)
H&R springs & Bilstein shocks (nice smooth ride)
Modified Tiptronic Momo shifter
17" wheels (dont remember brand off the top of my head)
Tint on rear windows & sunroof (none on front)
(will eventually go limo on rear and a little darker in front)
Just installed AlienTech window controller

Those are the OBVIOUS mods. There may be some I don't know about yet.

Stereo:
Kenwood HU (KDC-569, I think)
JL Audio 6.5" components (650 CXI)
RF 4 channel amp (1500watt peak, 110x4 RMS)
RF Mono amp (1500 peak, 500 RMS)
RF Punch DVC Sub in sealed box
Sirus Tuner (integrated with HU)

Waiting for the New Kenwood Double-DIN to come out! (Based on the 915, but double-din) I'm not sure what else I'll do to her. I've never been into modding much. She already performs and handles pretty well for me compared to what I had before. (my previous car was a stock '94 Eclipse 1.8L). I think I do want to upgrade the interior to Grey Leather Interior though (instead of the black velour that collects lint like crazy!) May consider dual exhaust later, considering the non 4Motion don't have it. :p I'll keep ya updated. :wink:

I donno what the deal is. I've had problems with my hosting or something because the pictures don't always work. So try this link and go to them directly. http://community.webshots.com/user/silensir

So whatcha think? Was she worth it?!?

QUICK POLL:
I'm thinking about going with chrome or polished wheels. Considering all the chrome trim, I thought a little more shine would look better than silver, actuall athracite (sp?) I think.
What do you think? Keep the wheels or go chrome?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I honestly have no idea where the car came from. Technically I made a promise to buy it before I had even seen it.

My autobroker is a friend of mine. He did all the "shopping", inspecting and test drives for me. I had test driven a 2002 Passat 1.8T previously, and decided I wanted one, but with the V6. I had financing pre-approved, so I told him to find the very best deal (with a few requirements that must be met) and when he did, he had my permissoin to go ahead and buy it (with company funds) and I'd cut him a bank check once the financing cleared.

So he did and here's what I got.

Risky? I don't think so. He knows what he's doing; he's been in the business a long time and I have alot a faith in him. A little trust goes a long way, and I definately got the best deal possible!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:evil: GEEZ!!! Been raining all weekend so far :mad: .
Car really needs a detail job, but the weather really sucks right now! (Freak thing... this is VERY uncommon for Mojave Desert, too) Can't get any work done to the interior or the outside until this weather clears up. Man, I'm bummed. But at least I've had plenty of opportunity to test out the traction control and ASR. Works Incredibly well!! Gotta love it!

New Pictures coming as soon as this weather clears up! 8)

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Definitly Sexy :bow: :thumbup: . You know what would bring the look down on the back side of it, a rear diffuser on the back window, i am wanting to put one on mine as well, eventually :p , but on yours, i think it would look awsome :eek:h: :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
SouperSport said:
You know what would bring the look down on the back side of it, a rear diffuser on the back window

Where can I find a rear diffuser? I don't think I've seen them...
Wetworks has the rear diffusers for our cars. Nice looking car by the way. One word of wisdom from a fellow b5er feelin the chrome love, most people don't care for it. I think it would look great on the black :)

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
It's not a 4Mo. Single exhaust exit, no 4Mo on the shifter surround, and from the look of one of the pics... you have ASR... something not available on the B5 4Mo.

You got dupped... sorry.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Hello Fellow B5er’s;

I am sending a quick reminder note to all of our B5er’s from the Northwest including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, British Colombia and some of North California, regarding our June 19th (Saturday) Get Together at Mount St Helens, Washington. I apologize to the ones that are already signed up; I cannot screen all the names while I send so many pm’s. Here is the link to sign up and all the information’s for that day. There will be free shirts for the first 20 to sign up, a raffle, picnic, cruise, Etc… Please view the link; it is going to be a lot of fun.

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=76347

If you have any other questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact Lurkertom, SeattleReign or myself Rah, or reply to me thru this PM. If you need, here is my E-mail Address as well [email protected]

·
Registered
158 Posts
looks good man!! :thumbup: don't chrome the wheels out, it just won't look right. if you want some shiny stuff- what about a black wheel with a polished lip??? it just the right amount to compliment the rest of the chrome. check out my profile if you wnat to see---- Justin Dawes-Dana Point. :b5:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MustMoto said:
looks good man!! :thumbup: don't chrome the wheels out, it just won't look right. if you want some shiny stuff- what about a black wheel with a polished lip??? it just the right amount to compliment the rest of the chrome. check out my profile if you wnat to see---- Justin Dawes-Dana Point. :b5:
I donno...works for you, but I've never been into the black rims or polished lips. I'll keep what I have for now but will eventually get either alloy wheels, polished alum, or chrome. It will have to depend on the style too. I admit, too much chrome is too much. They have to be like 5 or 6 spoke or BBS wheels, unless they're 12 spoke like the ones I have now (if you saw the pic, they're not actually that shiny...just a flash affect..nighttime pic).
I think that'll be enough accent without too much
if you know what I mean.
Thanks for your imput, but everyone has they're own style I guess.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Guys! Been gone for awhile, but I'm back on the B% forum!! (OK...it's Passatword now) My Passat is still basically the same, but I updated the info on my stereo system! PEace out!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts